Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
Not an owner but a long time fan of Triumph motorcycles and digging the bobber or street twin for my next bike. I am MadMaMa’s rented mule. We will be working on her new bobber together for the next few years (maybe longer if I play my cards right) and maybe she will let me ride it around the block a few times if I can ever get her out of the saddle.
I cut my teeth on Harleys, sharpened them on BMWs and might chew on a few Triumphs in the future.
We split our time between Norfolk/Chesapeake And Elkton Va. in the shadow of the Shenandoah valley. We are happy to extend hospitality in the Elkton area, to any fellow motorcyclists traveling from far or near if it is geographically possible for us to do so.
Thanks for allow me to be a member of this forum and wish y’all the best.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the invite. Maybe a RTE “ride to eat” needs to be scheduled in the future. I’m on the R9T owners forum and Adv rider as well. We are always happy to host riders passing through. I throw a camp out in October. About 20 or thirty riders on various bikes and some impromptu weekend gatherings up at the cabin along the river. Lots of tent space. Where are your ride and eat spots west of NOVA?

·
Registered
2017 Bobber & 2022 Tiger 900 GT PRO
354 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the invite. Maybe a RTE “ride to eat” needs to be scheduled in the future. I’m on the R9T owners forum and Adv rider as well. We are always happy to host riders passing through. I throw a camp out in October. About 20 or thirty riders on various bikes and some impromptu weekend gatherings up at the cabin along the river. Lots of tent space. Where are your ride and eat spots west of NOVA?
I'm also on ADVRider under the same username. RTE sounds like something we do up here. We usually ride to Berkeley Springs, WV as there are several good places to eat but more importantly, some great backroads to get there. The other one we like to ride to is Backroom Brewery in Middletown, VA. It's a farm that makes beer and serves up some delicious food. Anytime we head out for a ride, an eating spot is usually the first thing we look for, and then plan the ride around it. I usually ride with 4 other guys and we try to do a 2-4 hour ride once a week. Some of the longer rides take more planning as we all have family obligations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We used to have a big ride to eat with the other ADV crowd that accommodated nova riders as well as western Virginia riders. We used to go to the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill. Lots of good forest access roads off of 33 just west of Harrisonburg. Donkel Hollow, Switzer Lake Road, long run, rough run. As well as good tarmac twisties going in somewhat the same directions. I am Baloo on adv.
If I’m up on the weekend and y’all make a run, I’ll gladly offer accommodations.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome from sunny Texas, where the weather is warm and the tamales are hot. You might try out a Speed Twin too:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I got an R 9T when they first came out. Loved it! I have a Bobber Black now but I'm thinking about getting an R 9T Scrambler with off-road tires.

I've had all kinds of BMWs including two R1200 GSs. I used to be on the Adventure Rider forum but I haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I got an R 9T when they first came out. Loved it! I have a Bobber Black now but I'm thinking about getting an R 9T Scrambler with off-road tires.

I've had all kinds of BMWs including two R1200 GSs. I used to be on the Adventure Rider forum but I haven't been there in years.
Thanks, I picked up a 2017 Scrambler Last summer. I thought it was the second most impractical of the R9T line Only to be beat out by the razor. That was before I actually got one. I made the mistake of sending MadMaMa a photo of one that was on consignment. She thought it was beautiful. Which caused me to look at it differently. It’s pretty kick ass. I just got finished ordering a few prizes to start wrenching on her Bobber. Don’t tell her though. I’m looking forward to shaking hands with the devil that potentially lives in her bike.
Here is the scrambler.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts