Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new Bobber owner and I'd like to drop my bars, either getting lower-rise bars or even going extreme with clip-ons. Has anyone done this and have recommendations on a way forward? Or is it a terrible idea? I did a quick search through the forum and couldn't see anything on this topic already under discussion.

Thanks

Cam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@eisen77 thanks mate, I ended up ringing my local Triumph dealer for suggestions and they suggested the genuine Triumph clip-ons. After giving it some more thought, I ordered those and now just waiting for the workshop to fit them for me. Can't wait! Creating a more aggressive position on the Bobber is going to be really, really fun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I fitted the clip ons 4 weeks after getting the bobber. It was an adjustment for sure but after a few hours of riding it felt good. Its kind of weird because of the mid set foot controls and low arm position. I have been looking for rear sets for the bobber with no luck. seems that any bobber with rear sets are custom.

Enjoy the clip ons!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
@eisen77 thanks mate, I ended up ringing my local Triumph dealer for suggestions and they suggested the genuine Triumph clip-ons. After giving it some more thought, I ordered those and now just waiting for the workshop to fit them for me. Can't wait! Creating a more aggressive position on the Bobber is going to be really, really fun.
Please share your thoughts once installed and tried.
One thing is for sure; they will looks fantastic.
I think the clips ons really enhance the aesthetics of the Bobber lines and give it a more aggressive stance. I’m just not sure how my 6’ 1 frame (and sometimes stiff neck) would feel in that particular position.
I find the OEM bar very comfortable, but may have to give the clip ons a try one day.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Because Of the pull back or sweep, the bend on the bars is not made to be rotated up or down to much degree. Doing that would create a weird angle on the grips. It would not only look weird, but it wouldn’t be the most comfortable position either. I am surprised you like the bars rotated up.

To go up or down, the bar needs rise or drop. Using the sweep of the bars to create this just puts the grips at a weird angle. Of course, that’s just my opinion. Everyone has their own style and preferences.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Not sure what you mean by weird angle on the grips , If you mean the levers then yeah you can only adjust the brake lever so much but its something you get used to but then again I have 1" up and back risers so maybe that makes a difference ...GL with the clip-ons .

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don’t know if it would work but I’ve seen guys flip there bars upside down. It gives it a lower stance on the risers. Plus it looks cool. I don’t know if it would hit the tank though. Just an idea.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Now my question is, are you looking at rearsets and if you do, what's the seat solution, i can almost imagine the testicle crushing bumps if you bend forward and legs back a bit, but that said it would look different

1 - 20 of 25 Posts