Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gents,

I just wanted to share my new lid that just came in. It's a gloss black Davida classic (with some Aviator goggles). I special ordered it from Moto Amore who were totally terrific. I wanted dark brown leather instead of the standard black, so they had to special order it from Davida in the UK.

Now I know it's not the safest of helmets (no lectures please) but as I normally don't wear one anyway, this is certainly a step up and one I will love donning each ride.

The bike is still snowed in so I will just have to wear it in bed :grin2: for now but hands down it is the best fitting, most comfortable helmet I have ever had, really beautiful quality and the retro look I was looking for - LOVE it..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi Gents,

The bike is still snowed in so I will just have to wear it in bed :grin2: for now but hands down it is the best fitting, most comfortable helmet I have ever had, really beautiful quality and the retro look I was looking for - LOVE it..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
SO COOL!! And it will definitely protect you in bed >:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks Gents,

The video is hilarious...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'll sort out a pic of wearing it on the bike but I might be crying as I'm going nowhere fast in this weather..:crying::crying:

Cheerio,

Roy
You may be crying but crying and looking good is better than just crying.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! Let's see a pic with it on.....
Sure thing.

Plan to sort it out later today. 5am right now, still having trouble sleeping as I get used to the 8,200 feet altitude...:crying: But at least it give me plenty of time to research what mods to do next..:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go chaps,

I was outside running the bike, something I do every few days. The mountain of snow behind me might give you a clue as to why I'm not riding..:crying: Well at least I can sit around on my bike looking cool.:smile2:

All dressed up and nowhere to go..:|

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Always loved those style helmets.. rode with one someowhat similar.. had to jump to a 3/4 due to the wind noise constantly giving me a headache. How well do the leather flaps do with this? I may just say screw it and wear ear plugs..

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that mate. I rode with a David 3/4 for years back in the UK so was always very familiar with their quality. I haven't rode with this one yet due to the snow but I'm very optimistic. The leather straps fit perfectly, nice and snug. Also I have a little scull cap I wear underneath which pulls over my ears. Now I do find I do wear earplugs these days too.

FYI, for you chaps who want your Bobber to sound really great, before you spend a grand on an exhaust try riding with earplugs first. It's the cheapest was to get a nice deep sound our of your bike:wink2:

Will plan to do a full report on this lid just as soon as I can get out.

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts