Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, I finally managed to take my BB out of the city yesterday to open her up, and finally maid it into 6th gear ? I also got to try the cruise control, pretty cool. Anyhow, being that I live in Brooklyn, and after navigating FDR on the way back (those in nyc know what I’m taking about), I noticed that I really need louder pipes. Cars kept on switching lanes into mine, without noticing me. Coming from a Harley that had V&H slip ons, I noticed a big difference in cars noticing and hearing you.

Question: I’m currently leaning toward the trident pipes, they sound and look good. The V&H are way out of my price range, British customs too loud; Gasser, don’t like the sound or looks. Does anybody else have experience with the Tridents? Are there any other reasonably priced and good sounding pipes?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey peeps, I finally managed to take my BB out of the city yesterday to open her up, and finally maid it into 6th gear ? I also got to try the cruise control, pretty cool. Anyhow, being that I live in Brooklyn, and after navigating FDR on the way back (those in nyc know what I’m taking about), I noticed that I really need louder pipes. Cars kept on switching lanes into mine, without noticing me. Coming from a Harley that had V&H slip ons, I noticed a big difference in cars noticing and hearing you.

Question: I’m currently leaning toward the trident pipes, they sound and look good. The V&H are way out of my price range, British customs too loud; Gasser, don’t like the sound or looks. Does anybody else have experience with the Tridents? Are there any other reasonably priced and good sounding pipes?

I love the Tridents, escpecially for the price. I removed the baffles. These have a nice rumble and really bark loud when you rev it. I am running mine with the baffles removed and kept the cat in and I think it's a great sound.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How loud do you want to go? Changing pipe makes a bit of difference, a little bit louder, a deeper tone etc but if you want it Harley loud you really need to ditch the Cat. >:)

I think the Trident pipes are a good stealth option as they look OEM but British Customs gets my vote :wink2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Harley pipes I had were loud but not obnoxiously loud. I’m looking for something similar or possibly even a little less intense. I’m currently at work will watch the video when I get home. I’m also not looking to modify anything too much, ie removing cat. Is it hard to remove the baffle?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the BC slash cuts. They are more tame than I expected (stock cats), not bad when cruising, which I like since I did not want anything near harley straight pipe loud. They are actually quieter than my stock panigale exhaust. A good twist of the throttle though, and you get a healthy grunt for sure.

I also like that i have more room for my heels and shed a good 10+ lbs. Better than cutting out pizza for sure!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Harley pipes I had were loud but not obnoxiously loud. I’m looking for something similar or possibly even a little less intense. I’m currently at work will watch the video when I get home. I’m also not looking to modify anything too much, ie removing cat. Is it hard to remove the baffle?
In the Tridents, the baffles are about 6 inches long and are held in with one screw.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you need to do anything other than just fit the Tridents? No remap or anything needed? I'm thinking I might treat myself to a pair.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Maybe do the 12 minute tune....
Here it is for those (like me) who wondered what the 12 min tune is.
It works, by the way:

1. Start your bike without touching the throttle.
2. Wait till the bike reaches 190F, This is simple the fan will come on!
3. Continue idling for 12 more minutes!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as a follow up, I purchased and installed the Trident pipes (thx Peter) and I love them! for the price they sound amazing and gets lots of compliments on the sound. I originally kept the baffles in, definitely deeper and louder then stock, but I still wanted more, so I removed the baffles and oh boy did they come alive!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you really want LOUD then the Verex headers (can find verex on FB) give you a wider bore from the manifold (no fake outer pipe, all exhaust) and act as a cat delete too, then add whatever straight thru can you want onto the ends or maybe just a couple of short turnouts.

Just the BC shotguns work wonders bouncing off the rev limiter when peds with phones and noise cancelling headphones are about to blindley walk out into the road when you are filtering (lane splitting to you yanks but to witness real filtering have a look on you tube for London motorcycle filtering kinda like
but not as insane as

1 - 12 of 12 Posts