Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on a new seat. I'm having difficulty finding clear pictures of bobbers with ironstone tanks and dark brown seats. If anyone has one they can share I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I can't think of a colour of bike I don't like the brown seat on.

I love the lean towards a vintage look and the pics above look terrific.

Here is a few (older) pics of mine, I know it's black (the bike) but hey, it's good to share..:grin2:

Cheerio and let us know how you get on,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree, the brown seats look great with all colours and give a nice contrast. Currently have the brown quilted on my BB and a Corbin in Brown due for delivery this week.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I like the look of the quilted brown seat. I only wish it wasn't so shiny looking.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks. I like the look of the quilted brown seat. I only wish it wasn't so shiny looking.
Beaker. I think they are a vinyl but never actually checks when I got mine so I tans to be corrected.
If they are leather then it's easy to take of the shine with rubbing alcohol or powder detergent but don't know if it works on a vinyl.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Depending on how much of a hurry you are in... I have the IronStone, and just ordered brownish/burgundy seat. I'll set up some pics when it comes in and gets installed. I'm not sure when it will be in, i suspect in a few weeks, more or less as it's being hand made.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The statement seat is leather and can be dyed darker if needed. Vinyl is a plastic so you can not change it's color.
There are vinyl dies on the market, don't know how effective they are. Some of the brands are well known names. You can find them on Amazon.

Chico

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I had the Statement seat on my Ironstone and it looked great (I can’t seem to transfer a pic of it from my iPhoto to the forum on my iPhone, only on my computer which isn’t with me). It’s a great leather and the only reason I changed it out was for more comfort and support, both of which the Statement seat doesn’t have much of. But, I also thought it might look better with the gray/black Statement seat which has a distressed look to it, so I had that look duplicated by recovering the OEM with a distressed gray/black leather. Pretty satisfied with that result. If your set on brown, I’d check out the new ones from La Rosa or there’s another choice recently posted (I forget the manufacturers name but, think Davidrb posted it) which had a couple of dozen choices many of which looked terrific and much better than the quilted Triumph seat which is vinyl.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in no hurry at all. Too much snow.
I would really like to see the larosa seat when you get pictures of it Davidrb.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm in no hurry at all. Too much snow.
I would really like to see the larosa seat when you get pictures of it Davidrb.

I heard it will be most likely be shipped next week (after our Thanksgiving holiday), so it won't be long. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts