Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day folks,

Greetings from Malaysia. Been lurking around here for quite some time.

A proud owner of a 2018 Bobber Black - This is my first bike.

- Marvin

IMG_1440.jpg .

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Welcome to the site! My Bobber was my first non-scooter, and I didn’t have any problems. Just take it easy at first and ease into the power. Any changes planned yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Marvin,

Wow! 'first' bike, that's incredible, I would have killed for one of these for a first bike (and probably killed myself too).

Huge congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Cheerio,

Roy
Thanks for the welcome, Roy.
The Bobber/Bobber Black was the only bike that caught my attention enough to pave the way for me to purchase a bike.

Other bikes I'll be like "Wow, nice ride". But the Bobber? "I want one" >:)

--
Welcome to the site! My Bobber was my first non-scooter, and I didn’t have any problems. Just take it easy at first and ease into the power. Any changes planned yet?
Thanks for the welcome and advice, ysoslo.
I have to admit it was pretty daunting at first, but the Bobber Black is surprisingly nimble and easy to handle.
Was the transition from a scooter easy for you?

In terms of changes, definitely looking at the V&H and X-pipes down the line, followed by the rear shocks and seats (either statement or quilted) after. Nothing else planned after that - but let's see as it goes.

I'm very happy with the bike completely stock at this moment - Triumph definitely ticked a lot of right boxes on this one.

- Marvin

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good choice but take it easy as the Eagles sang.

Maybe have a look for this book 'Motorcycle roadcraft: the police rider's handbook'.

It is for me, something that I go back to at the start of the riding season. Try and find the early 1996 version - the later version has some dubious advice in it!

Ride safe.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts