Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer wants me to give up the bike for about a week to do the 500 mile tune up, install heated grips and cruise control. All this time for a 90 minute job, max. I'll go thru separation anxiety after a couple of days...

Needless to say I just pushed 850 miles with out a service. Am I risking anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
My local dealer wants me to give up the bike for about a week to do the 500 mile tune up, install heated grips and cruise control. All this time for a 90 minute job, max. I'll go thru separation anxiety after a couple of days...

Needless to say I just pushed 850 miles with out a service. Am I risking anything?

I also did my service late (about 400km overdue)
Nothing happened and i was NOT gentle during the running in period.

I am now using Motul 300V oil and the bike runs great :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
My dealer told me NOT to go over 500 miles by much as the cleaner solution/oil in the motor was not designed for more use or for higher revving.

But like Eisen said, he had no issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats all entailed in the 500 mile service.. i can change the oil myself and give up the bike when i feel i can afford the time or when they can do it in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Attached is the scheduled maintencance for the Bobber. The first service entails more than just an oil change.
Awesome, this will come in handy for a lot of owners on the forum especially for those that save it on their phones. Starting to think this should be part of a mega info thread or sticky.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Attached is the scheduled maintencance for the Bobber. The first service entails more than just an oil change.

Go big or go home! This is a saver!
I changed the oil and filter today. Note that the oil bolt is a T55. I was surprised, but after digging deep in my tool bag things worked out well.

Resting untouched, you have to drain the oil from the left side of the MC and then shift to the right side to get to the filter.

Everything is bottom work.

Next time it's a 15 minute job vs the discovery 45 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts