Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went for a ride and
Noticed a tapping or clatter.

When I stopped my plate light was hanging by the wires. I spoke to triumph and it's a retaining screw that holds it in. Absolute ball ache to get to the screw. Wheel has to come off and many screws.

Pretty shoddy in my opinion. Seem to have a few issues within the first few miles with thus bike

·
Registered
126 Posts
So went for a ride and
Noticed a tapping or clatter.

When I stopped my plate light was hanging by the wires. I spoke to triumph and it's a retaining screw that holds it in. Absolute ball ache to get to the screw. Wheel has to come off and many screws.

Pretty shoddy in my opinion. Seem to have a few issues within the first few miles with thus bike
Sorry to hear that! But you can definitely fix this in 20 minutes and without removing the wheel. I know because I removed the whole plate holder/indicator/plate light plastic bullcrap about four or five times for a little tail light mod that I´m currently working on.

Look under the fender, you will find three Torx screws that you can access more or less easily with a small Torx bit wrench like this one:
https://www.louis.de%2Fartikel%2Fwera-tool-check-plus-39-teilig-metrisch%2F10002726&psig=AFQjCNGkGvSbH59slgoI8hKXIDS13LDJ-A&ust=1504616446044906

1 - 2 of 2 Posts