Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has changed their stock levers if so to which one and why. Also Shorty levers or long??

Ive only used shorty levers on my 2008 Daytona 675 and have gotten very used to them and only using my one or tow fingers on the levers.
Now going in to the stock levers on the bobber its hard to get used to.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has changed their stock levers if so to which one and why. Also Shorty levers or long??

Ive only used shorty levers on my 2008 Daytona 675 and have gotten very used to them and only using my one or tow fingers on the levers.
Now going in to the stock levers on the bobber its hard to get used to.
I have not, but if you search the forum there are many threads on levers.

For the brake lever, I think most have left them long due to the needed extra grabbing power to stop the bike better (emergencies or both) as the front breaks on the Bobber are a bit weak.

·
Vendor
497 Posts
Swapped mine for Rizoma adjustable levers. A little pricey but like the look, design and function!
Pics ?? /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Couldn’t find a good pic of the bobber we installed on but can see on a Thruxton R.

Levers are levers, $30 ones and $300 will functionally do the same thing. Is the adjuster smoother and anodizing better on the more expensive one? Absolutely. $250 better? Only you can decide ? Suprisingly we sell the rizoma and wunderkind levers frequently, because they just look amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts

$32 “Ride It” levers, ordered off Amazon. My buddy used some on his bike, and after comparing those to the WAY more expensive ones, I went this route. Very happy. Excellent fit, finish, and overall quality. I don’t generally go for less expensive, but in this case, there was no more value for the cost of higher priced levers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

$32 “Ride It” levers, ordered off Amazon. My buddy used some on his bike, and after comparing those to the WAY more expensive ones, I went this route. Very happy. Excellent fit, finish, and overall quality. I don’t generally go for less expensive, but in this case, there was no more value for the cost of higher priced levers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you send me a link to those levers

·
Registered
51 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of folding clutch/brake levers?
If the bike takes a tumble, the levers fold up and hopefully prevent an unwanted costly replacement.
In my experience (yes, it’s happened to me), when a bike falls over the levers are just one part of an expensive bill :crying:
But I suppose any cost reduction would be a positive one!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
And why “as short as possible?” Is that a better option if you have larger hands, longer fingers?
I used to use shorty levers on my k1200r.
The OEM levers seemed to have been built for mammoth hands (gave me quite the complex for a while :eek::))
So i could modulate the controls with 2 fingers;
it’s really comfy and easy to adapt to.

On the Bobber, I prefer the long lever look. Though with the clip ons, shorty levers look really good!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I used to use shorty levers on my k1200r.
The OEM levers seemed to have been built for mammoth hands (gave me quite the complex for a while :eek::))
So i could modulate the controls with 2 fingers;
it’s really comfy and easy to adapt to.

On the Bobber, I prefer the long lever look. Though with the clip ons, shorty levers look really good!
Well, you know what they say “long levers, long ____! ???

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same opinion of Eisen.

I could have directly chosen the simplest short model with only the adjustment for the distance, but I also wanted the possibility of extending the lever in case I had not been well. The possibility of folding is one more thing that I liked, but perhaps it was not really necessary with the short levers...

About the look: in fact the style of the original levers is more appropriate to the Bobber.
I think these levers have been designed mainly for the sports bike then made them applicable to all the bikes by changing only the adapters...
I chose them in total matt black to better integrate them with the bike style.

:smile2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts