Triumph Bobber Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's my Bobber parked next to the 125 VanVAn i was riding prior to passing my test.

The garage is a bit chaotic at the moment as we've just moved house but am painting it white and probably painting the floor grey (although I am aware that water has nowhere to go when on a painted floor and can make things slippery). Hoping to get a bike lift in here in the near future and start some real tinkering

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
OK, this seems a fair entry into the most coveted bike collection award for 2019.
Both of the blue tone bikes and the spangly Thruxton (love a bit of metalflake) would be very welcome in my garage, house or possibly even my bedroom. Very nice indeed
Haven't seen a Niken up close yet and can't make my mind up about how it looks but am intrigued by the engineering. How is it to ride @trirocket3?
Thanks Ed
At some point I want to get rid of the Thruxton R, Bonnie, BMW RT & the Rocket, they are all have low miles as I just don't ride them.

The Niken GT is soo comfey, good for 130 with unbelievable front end grip perfect for our inclement weather.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks Ed
At some point I want to get rid of the Thruxton R, Bonnie, BMW RT & the Rocket, they are all have low miles as I just don't ride them.

The Niken GT is soo comfey, good for 130 with unbelievable front end grip perfect for our inclement weather.
When the time comes drop me a DM about the RT, have always liked them

·
Registered
114 Posts
Love the idea!

Harder than I though, going through my phone I only have a couple shots of my bobber next to one of my other bikes! This is my 2016 Kawasaki Z800 next to my Bobber Black

That's me in the Red Flannel/Bald head combo, and my buddy who visited from New Jersey, having extra bikes comes in handy!! (Plus, I don't let anyone else ride my triumph...) Second picture of the kawasaki just so it can be seen what it is more clearly.

What sets the Kawasaki Z800 apart is the performance, and yes people will tell me how there are more powerful bikes out there, but holy crap this bike is a ROCKET! It's so easy (and tempting) to twist the throttle and the tire lifts off the ground a little and before you know it you're well into the 130s mph!

The Kawasaki delivers a different kind of thrill. I was taking a banking right turn, in third gear, and I twisted the throttle and the bike squatted down and hugged the road as I entered what felt like warp speed on a roller coaster.... so planted, so fast.

However, I don't ride it much, I have other rides and the bobber just can't be beat!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
It’s apparently Hailwood colours; had the paint plus another £3000+ In parts alone spent on it by the previous owner (lift engineer). I’d say he sunk too much into it but I came by it as a swap and never gelled with it really.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jaho,Very nice Paul Smart, certainly worth more than when they were new. I almost bought one,was a toss up between a 1098 tricolore , should have taken the Smart

Very long reach though, a bit uncomfortable for a long run, but looks good doing it.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts