Triumph Bobber Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
As always... a great idea/post from you Roy!

Here are two of my three bikes together. The third bike is an older 900 T100 Bonneville which I’ll be doing all sorts of naughty things to over the winter so watch this space.

Pictured with my Bobber Black below is my BMW 1200R GS Adventure Rallye TE... now that’s a mouthful!!!

After all sorts of thoughts as to how best make the Bobber B more suitable for touring... I took the drastic measure of buying a bike 100% fit for purpose and better suited to enable me to cover vast distances in great comfort. As you would expect, it’s the polar opposite to the Bobber but a great deal of fun in its own way... but no where near as much fun as the Bobber, which is still the bike I like to ride the most.

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35289&stc=1&d=1562278390

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks for that Mike,

Gosh these two couldn't be more different. Great job, seeing these two side by side it really highlights how different two wheels can be.

I'm still working on my Bobber to make it more long distance friends. I'm should have bought two bike but then two bikes would be harder to hide from my wife than a few more mods...:surprise::grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Thanks for that Mike,

Gosh these two couldn't be more different. Great job, seeing these two side by side it really highlights how different two wheels can be.

I'm still working on my Bobber to make it more long distance friends. I'm should have bought two bike but then two bikes would be harder to hide from my wife than a few more mods...:surprise::grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
haha I hear you Roy... my wife found bills totalling 13k for car modifications a few years back. She hit the roof... and said it’s me or the car... so I put it up for sale... for 15k more than it was reasonably worth. Would you believe I still had someone sniffing around it... I had to tell him to bugger off in the end. Thankfully the wife softened and I got to keep the car 0:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Cheerio,

Roy
True dat, Roy. I usually say I’m going in for an oil change. Interesting how many times I’ve had the oil changed in the last two years >:). Fortunately my lovely wife knows very little about motorcycle maintenance.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
haha I hear you Roy... my wife found bills totalling 13k for car modifications a few years back. She hit the roof... and said it’s me or the car... so I put it up for sale... for 15k more than it was reasonably worth. Would you believe I still had someone sniffing around it... I had to tell him to bugger off in the end. Thankfully the wife softened and I got to keep the car 0:)
Mike, you passed up the opportunity to call your wifes bluff?:(

Chico

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
True dat, Roy. I usually say I’m going in for an oil change. Interesting how many times I’ve had the oil changed in the last two years >:). Fortunately my lovely wife knows very little about motorcycle maintenance.

Oil change! I love that @jerrrman. I'm definitely going to use that one, thanks...:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
426 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
My current collection......
Bobber with Tracer 700 sneaking in behind it! And my next project, a 1986 GS850G!

Don't have any photos of all 3 together because I can only take 1 out to ride at a time, and I tend to take more photos when there is a beautiful backdrop.

Funnily enough, like others before, my wife also asks why I have more than 1 bike if I can only ride 1 at a time. I tell her for the same reason she has more than 1 pair of shoes when she can only wear 1 pair at a time, depends what I'm going out to do......she wouldn't wear trainers to go out to a formal party and she wouldn't wear heels to go jogging........!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's a mine

Others are hiding in the garage.
OK, this seems a fair entry into the most coveted bike collection award for 2019.

Both of the blue tone bikes and the spangly Thruxton (love a bit of metalflake) would be very welcome in my garage, house or possibly even my bedroom. Very nice indeed

Haven't seen a Niken up close yet and can't make my mind up about how it looks but am intrigued by the engineering. How is it to ride @trirocket3?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts