Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I have been looking at adding a FULL FACE vintage style helmet to my collection and came across this brand:
https://www.ateliers-ruby.com/collections/editions-limitees/products/conrad-leach

It seems that these helmets are quite exclusive & counterfeit reproductions are rife. I was wondering if anyone on the forum owns or has owned a real one?
Reviews (i.e non biased) are extremely scarce and i would really like to gather some more info on fit, finish, user experience, etc.
On their website - every single model is sold out (except a few limited edition versions)!
I have emailed the manufacturer, but being Christmas i don´t expect an answer until next week at the earliest.

My other choice would be a Bell Bullitt:
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Bell-Bullitt-Solid-Full-Face-Helmet/SubProducts/Bell-Bullitt-Solid-Full-Face-Helmet-0008

Thanks and Happy Holidays :smile2:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thanks.
Already read that page & been in contact with Sophie from Ateliers (she responded via email just now)
I am actually looking for input/reviews from members who have owned, worn and ridden with this brand...
I have no experience with this helmet but if you like the "look" then check out Revzilla for the Gringo helmet much lower price point.

Chico

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wear a Bell Bullit and I am very happy with it. I purchased a variety of face shields to change the look up once in awhile. To me it compliments th3 retro look of the Bobber.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I wear a Bell Bullit and I am very happy with it. I purchased a variety of face shields to change the look up once in awhile. To me it compliments th3 retro look of the Bobber.
@Rocky
How is the fit?
I have an intermediate oval shape (think Schuberth/Arai type fit) and i have read that the Bullitt is more ¨round¨ and for larger shaped heads. There are Bell stockists here in Mallorca, but they have no stock in my size - so can´t get hold of one to try :frown2:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have no experience with this helmet but if you like the "look" then check out Revzilla for the Gringo helmet much lower price point.

Chico
here's a good thread on members helmets:
http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/113-triumph-supersport-bobber-general-discussion/1425-new-bike-new-helmet.html

i love my gringo's (have three of them).
super light-weight and comfy, and good price. windshield could be better as you get a lot of noise and some air flow (also i'm sure it would not do well in the rain) but that's a trade off for the retro look/feel.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have 3 Bell Bullitts and they are definitely intermediate ovals not round. In fct their 3/4 version, the Custom 500 was changed from round to intermediate oval about 8 years ago. Bell's own description is that they are intermediate oval on fir. This makes sense as this is the most common American head shape.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have 3 Bell Bullitts and they are definitely intermediate ovals not round. In fct their 3/4 version, the Custom 500 was changed from round to intermediate oval about 8 years ago. Bell's own description is that they are intermediate oval on fir. This makes sense as this is the most common American head shape.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Eisen. The fit works great for me. My head is small and I typically wear a small or medium helmet. As you know the same size helmet can certainly fit differently with other manufacturers. I know I am probably not much help. Will your helmet outlet order one for you so you can try it for fit?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Eisen. The fit works great for me. My head is small and I typically wear a small or medium helmet. As you know the same size helmet can certainly fit differently with other manufacturers. I know I am probably not much help. Will your helmet outlet order one for you so you can try it for fit?
Thanks @Rocky.
I also wear a size Small (55/56cm head with a big brain crammed in :p)
I am going to order one from FCMOTO as i have dealt with them many times before and always been satisfied.
The dealer here commits me to an order said they need special permission to change it if the size if its wrong and i can forget about a refund even if the fit is wrong for me IN the shop!!! Shame, as i really like to support local shops and dealers...

·
Registered
96 Posts
You are welcome! That’s crazy about your dealer not working with you. In this day and age I am surprised your dealer takes that position on orders. Oh well, as you commented there are other outlets that are more than willing to work with you and gain your business. Good luck on your purchase and let me know what works out for you. Us small heads and big brains need to stick together!?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You are welcome! That’s crazy about your dealer not working with you. In this day and age I am surprised your dealer takes that position on orders. Oh well, as you commented there are other outlets that are more than willing to work with you and gain your business. Good luck on your purchase and let me know what works out for you. Us small heads and big brains need to stick together!��
Just ordered the Bullitt in black with a flat visor in both clear and smoke.
I´ll let you know how the fit is once i get it.

As for the Ruby - i think that for the price, it warrants a trip to their boutique to try one on and see if the hype is justified.
Just have to keep the wife away from Louis Vuitton !!! :wink2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for sharing!Helmet should be here on Friday
:laugh:
the article is in French, sorry :crying:but it is always nice to see some pictures.
similarly, knowing that the press is writing an article about a product may also suggest that the object is worthy of interest 0:) (or at least has caught the eye :wink2:).

Have a good day and see you soon with your new helmet :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts