1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice options for a complete headlight. I just put a LED bulb in my headlight bucket and it is night and day difference. The beam fills in the missing light right in front of the tire and lights up the sides of the road. I am so pleased with it I ended up getting 2 more for the rocket.

approx. $60.

It appears that Triumph is not going to release the LED headlight anytime soon. I started looking at aftermarket solutions and found this (scroll down to the bottom of the link page to see the demo vide):

https://motodemic.com/shop/led-headlight-for-triumph-bonneville-t100-t120-2016/

I called the manufacture and found that they have drop-in plug-N-play unit for the Bobber. Here's a link to the model for the Bobber:

https://motodemic.com/shop/jw-speaker-5-3-4-inch-led-headlight/

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
It appears that Triumph is not going to release the LED headlight anytime soon. I started looking at aftermarket solutions and found this (scroll down to the bottom of the link page to see the demo vide):

https://motodemic.com/shop/led-headlight-for-triumph-bonneville-t100-t120-2016/

I called the manufacture and found that they have drop-in plug-N-play unit for the Bobber. Here's a link to the model for the Bobber:

https://motodemic.com/shop/jw-speaker-5-3-4-inch-led-headlight/
Thanks for the info. I am still in two minds about changing the light, but if i do it will be the Mododemic LED.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice options for a complete headlight. I just put a LED bulb in my headlight bucket and it is night and day difference. The beam fills in the missing light right in front of the tire and lights up the sides of the road. I am so pleased with it I ended up getting 2 more for the rocket.

approx. $60.
Where did you get the bulbs? Can you provide a link? Would love to upgrade. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I keep thinking that the LED headlight design is too ¨modern ¨for the Bobber.
The Motodemic looks fantastic on bikes like the Ducati Monster and the Triumph Speed Triple, etc...
But our bikes are classic and the standard light (apart from not functioning so well at night) looks great, in my opinion.
Though ultimately, function may have priority over aesthetics if i find myself riding more in the evening/dark...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think this first one matches fairly better than the other but I also feel like if you smoke them out, you'll be good

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

approx. $60.
I would like to see megraham's with the LED bulb installed. Would really like to know what brand and model number he used as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts

approx. $60.

Please can you send us the link for the LED bulb you got for the Bobber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the led bulb plug n play? There's no inverter or anything that needs to go with it? Is it just as simple as replacing the stock bulb with led bulb then?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nope, just straight plug and play. That's the thing I love about these LED bulbs as they have everything built in so they don't require an extra ballast or extra wiring to get them working and they work as canbus bulbs if necessary. Error free, instant startup (they don't require warm up time like HIDs), and clean pure white light which is the most usable.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Nope, just straight plug and play. That's the thing I love about these LED bulbs as they have everything built in so they don't require an extra ballast or extra wiring to get them working and they work as canbus bulbs if necessary. Error free, instant startup (they don't require warm up time like HIDs), and clean pure white light which is the most usable.
Ok. You convinced me! I just bought one :grin2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone know the bulb size for the smaller bulb in the headlight? I want to change that to LED if possible.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts