Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Can a LED headlamp unit from a 2018 Speedmaster be swapped for the standard halogen unit on a 2018 Bobber - is it "plug and play"
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all
Can a LED headlamp unit from a 2018 Speedmaster be swapped for the standard halogen unit on a 2018 Bobber - is it "plug and play"
Thanks
Hello Stumac

I have a 2017 Bobber MK1 and I seem to remember in 2018 Triumph started listing upgrades in the Bobber Mk1 parts lists, basically parts that were standard on the Bobber Black & Speedmaster.

If you look at Fowlers Parts and go to the Bobber Mk1 parts and scroll down you will see a LED option.

Triumph seem to use two part numbers for this, A9830104 & T2707905 and if you do some research on Google with these numbers the Speedmaster is mentioned.

Therefore I assume the standard LED headlamp unit on the Speedmaster is indeed compatible and therefore plug & play.

This is only an assumption on my part but I just thought I would try and steer you in the right direction.

Good luck!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Speedmaster has a DRL - so there are 4 wires on the Speedmaster (earth / DRL / low / high) compared to only three on the bobber (earth / low / high)
I think that just means that either I connect the DRL and low beam together so they are both on all the time , or not bother at all with the DRL

Those with a bobber black - when you switch on low beam does the DRL turn off or stay on ????

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The plan was based round getting of hold of a Speedmaster lens at a sensible price.
I was going to wire it so the hi / lo switch toggled between DRL and low beam (no dedicated DRL switch on my bike)
That would mean no hi beam but by using bullets in the headlamp bowl it could easily be reinstated if required - I've had my bike 3 years' and never used hi beam!
Didn't consider that the Speedmaster lens wouldn't fit in the Bobber headlamp bowl so never got to test the above theory
Now just going to change the bulbs for LED's as per previous threads

·
Registered
447 Posts
Those with a bobber black - when you switch on low beam does the DRL turn off or stay on ????
Yes, the DRL switch toggles status between LED running light and lo-beam (DRL turns off). The Dip-Beam/Main bar switch actuates the DRL/H-lite relay through pin A18 the ECM. The relay is a conventional automotive type, so don't rush out and order one from your $$$$$ Triumph dealer if you suspect as faulty. And In actual fact you can replace relays with either of 2 types, plug & play for $5-$10 each. Colour might be different - blue!

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram

1 - 10 of 10 Posts