Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished building the bracket to mount this 5.5” led under the headlight. Unless I pull a rad jump, I don’t think the fender will hit it. It will be wired on its own switch, aims slightly down. Hoping to have better visibility up front. For ~$50 and 30 mins of bracket building.. pleased so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
My 2 cent........ I would bottom those forks gently with a set of ratchet straps or the like (with a rag on the fender) to test your theory. Otherwise , you could wind up with a heck of a dent , or worse a locked turning radius If it were to bottom on you in a turn and crush between the housing and fender, possibly causing you to crash.

I'm not being morbid or overly cautious , but it is certainly something to consider.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My 2 cent........ I would bottom those forks gently with a set of ratchet straps or the like (with a rag on the fender) to test your theory. Otherwise , you could wind up with a heck of a dent , or worse a locked turning radius If it were to bottom on you in a turn and crush between the housing and fender, possibly causing you to crash.

I'm not being morbid or overly cautious , but it is certainly something to consider.
I agree, it was the first thing I thought as well.

Chico

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Nice job. But as BB and Chico said, i also think a fork compression/extension test is in order. Bouncing the bike up and down manually won´t give you the full range of motion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts