Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new black leather tank pouch from Trip Machine Company this week and used it today for the first time on my new Triumph Bobber.

It's fantastic! This tank pouch compliments the look of the Bobber perfectly.

Plenty of room for my disk lock, phone, keys, wallet and other stuff.

I highly recommend.

www.tripmachinecompany.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Very nice!
I assume it is very soft underneath and doesnt scratch/mark the tank when being taken used, etc?

I like the look of the vintage & ´old school´ bags & this one suits the bike perfectly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice!
I assume it is very soft underneath and doesnt scratch/mark the tank when being taken used, etc?

I like the look of the vintage & ´old school´ bags & this one suits the bike perfectly.
The magnets are enclosed in leather and don't scratch/mark the tank at all.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So they use 6 powerful magnets to hold it there in place it seems from checking out their site.

I would be a little iffy on that though no? Have you tried to push it around and see how well it holds?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just tried to order the tank bag and grips. First time it said connection lost. The second try it showed that issuer had rejected payment. When I called my credit card company they were showing a possible fraud alert on my account. They cleard the alert and said I could try again but now I'm gunshy.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I just tried to order the tank bag and grips. First time it said connection lost. The second try it showed that issuer had rejected payment. When I called my credit card company they were showing a possible fraud alert on my account. They cleard the alert and said I could try again but now I'm gunshy.
PAYPAL.
Never had an issue when paying via PP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys i have been with the same credit card company for 25 years. They are very aware of my spending habits and take good care of me. I received and E- mail from the owner of Trip Machine. It appears it was a glitch on their end. Anyway I tried again the next day after being assured from the owner thye were a straight up company to deal with.

I do use paypal but there have been some issues on the news lately with paypal.

I ordered the bag and leather grip wraps and opted for 4 day shipping. Everything went very smooth and my delivery was one day early. The tank bag is remarkably nice and for the price it's just fantastic. The wraps look nice as well. I just opened the box so haven't installed or used the products yet.

The bag is like $41 and that's a steal. Thinking about the $300 swing arm bag it's makes it even much more appealing. I wonder what the leather comes from since we know it isn't cows. I will order more from this company in the future.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got my tank pouch today. 11 days from order to receipt here in the USA. Seems like quality. Strong magnets to hold to the tank. Latch magnet could be stronger. We'll see how it holds up on tomorrows ride. $56 via PayPal.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I really dig Trip Machine, their leather products look to be of high quality, and are fairly priced.

I'm thinking of getting the pouch and fixing it underneath my seat, I'll most likely end up drilling it to the seat pan.

To anyone who has this pouch, any chance you could test putting it under your seat and uploading a photo? It would be great to see what it looks like and whether it fits etc?

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
428 Posts
I really dig Trip Machine, their leather products look to be of high quality, and are fairly priced.

I'm thinking of getting the pouch and fixing it underneath my seat, I'll most likely end up drilling it to the seat pan.

To anyone who has this pouch, any chance you could test putting it under your seat and uploading a photo? It would be great to see what it looks like and whether it fits etc?

Cheers,

Matt
Matt, sorry, mine is packed away behind too much stuff to be able to get to it until spring. Jim

·
Registered
270 Posts
First time I've heard of or looked at this company. Superb products. I like the tank bag and the price. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here is my review of the shoulder bag:

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/...tion-apparel-discussion/9474-tripmachine.html

Since my review, the purchase price price has gone up (almost double!!!) so i feel it now represents less of a bargain. But still excellent quality and on par with European prices for imported leather goods.
Yes, pricing n the tank bag has increased significantly since last year. I paid $57 landed. Now $75 plus shipping which to the USA I think was about $12. Quality is good. They gave me a discount code for future purchases in excyfor using my bike pic in their ads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts