Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked myself up a lovely jacket from Triumph about a month back at a real bargain price. When I tried it on in store I had a jumper and a hoodie on underneath. I was in a bit of a rush because my car needed to be moved so I just handed over the cash and headed out the door.

I’ve not worn it at all since because I’m waiting for my bike to be delivered. But today I tried it on with a t-shirt on underneath... holy [email protected] is it too big!!! :surprise: Across the shoulders and in the sleeve it’s perfect but in the chest and at the waist there’s too much material to play with and whilst it doesn’t look bad I suspect it’ll act like a wind-brake whilst riding!

It still has all the tags on so I’m relatively confident the store will take it back... if they won’t I’ll cancel my bike order, (joke!) but more is the worry that they won’t have it in the smaller size I need. In which case this jacket just become real expensive based on it not being fit for purpose :frown2:

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17618&stc=1&d=1520724080

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
You can put it up for sale in the classifieds section (please remember to add your location in your profile if you do).

But hopefully the shop will take it back and trade it in for a smaller size.

Great looking jacket, by the way !!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can put it up for sale in the classifieds section (please remember to add your location in your profile if you do).

But hopefully the shop will take it back and trade it in for a smaller size.

Great looking jacket, by the way !!
Based on having a bike order with the same store I’m pretty sure they would simply give me a refund... truth is I don’t want the refund and really hope they have it in the next size down as I really do like it. I can live with it being a little loose in the chest but the arms are also a too loose and the D30 doesn’t sit exactly where it ought to which won’t be good if I have a spill!

Stupidly at the time of trying it on I just didn’t give enough thought to the fact that I was wearing clothes way bigger/thicker than what I’ll wear in the summer and I’d also forgotten that I’ve lost over 13kg! :crying::grin2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the same leather along with the Triumph jeans .
Looking forward to warmer weather -2 here tonight and **** is it stormy out with blizzards of snow.
It’s a lovely jacket that’s for sure.

I decided to go with the Bowtex Kevlar leggings in the end. Ok so they sure don’t look sexy but they enable you to wear them under jeans, cargo trousers etc whilst providing full protection :grin2:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Whilst I’ll take your advice in any case I’m pleased to report that the guys at the store were cool about changing my jacket for the next size down... happy days! :)
so you have to stay off the pies now... and chips.... and crisps.... and beer...
you did it the hard way mate...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts