Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been searching for a leather battery box strap with zero results , has anybody fitted one on their bobbers or has a link to where I might find one ..failing that I might have to find a local leather worker or saddlery . LOL or cut up an old leather belt .

Thanks for any info .

·
Registered
217 Posts
I originally tried to make a leather cover with a leather belt. One day I was looking at Steve McQueen’s Great Escape bike which was recently unveiled. I realized that Triumph had pretty well copied the battery cover of this historic bike when building the Bobber. I painted the Bobber battery cover to match the bike colour and had the stainless belt/bracket powder coated black. Triumph actually got something right in the basic design of this cover!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I cut a strip from the leftover scraps of my seat leather, then glued it over the existing OEM metal strap on the battery. I used rubber cement so it should pull cleanly off the metal if I choose to remove it. The strap matches my seat perfectly and best of all, it was free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I cut a strip from the leftover scraps of my seat leather, then glued it over the existing OEM metal strap on the battery. I used rubber cement so it should pull cleanly off the metal if I choose to remove it. The strap matches my seat perfectly and best of all, it was free!
This looks fantastic! Well done, @Niiick!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's nice, well done.

What is the actually cover? Something you made?

Cheerio,

Roy

Yes. I really didn't care for the black plastic look, so I made a new cover out of a sheet of brass to go over the existing battery cover.

It’s a solid bar of gold !
No one would ever think to look there for it >:)
I wish!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts