Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So ...... I finally have the #$%&^ wiring figured out ( well actually a few weeks ago ) and it is true you can do it with no resistors or diodes! I originally chose the Rizoma I-Ride S turn signals for the front and Multi-function for the rear! I just didn't like the round peg into a square hole look on the front and didn't want to change the bracket because Triumph did such a great job hiding the wires. I didn't want to un-engineer the great job they did so I imported some UK Triumph mini lites ( couldn't find a US source ) for the front with stock mounting!

The rear Rizomas have the same problem with a round peg going to a basically square gaping hole with screw holes exposed and Triumph doesn't make a mini lite for the rear! So, to solve that problem I machined from 304 SS a couple of mounting blocks to fill up the hole and cover up the exposed screw holes that were no longer used!

I also mounted the Triumph Brown Barrel grips and added a custom screw so I now have Zero throttle free play like a cable throttle setup. It is the mod originally shown on the Ducati forum. ( see photo )

Lastly, I had my Triumph Dealer turn off my service wrench and while he was in there he also updated the Calibration table, fuel table, and installed the Vance and Hines map since there is no map for my BC shotguns, but that will richen it up some. I basically have an 2018 ECU, No I haven't tested it yet, stay tuned for a report! She should be all ready for spring!

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are saying it's going to be in the 60's on Tuesday and Wednesday with rain on Monday. I am hoping for enough rain to cleanup the snow we are supposed to get tonite and the inevitable salt so I can test the new ECU settings!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see a couple of guys have purchased the forward controls kit. Is this even available in the US, I only see it on UK sites with the price in pounds!

·
Registered
370 Posts
You can preorder it but it’s not physically available yet. My dealer said it should be arriving early-mid March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bear your location is not mentioned in your signature. Where are you talking about, it is different for other locations!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I’m in NY. Depending on your vin there’s two different part numbers. One for the controls themselves and one for the mounting kit. I’ll see if I can find them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Nope. I meant to call them today to see if they had any info but forgot. Tomorrow I will though.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts