Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
So envious. West is the best.

Sometimes I wish I was still working in Machrihanish. That long beautiful, twisty run up and down the Mull of Kintyre almost made my paltry wage (back then) worth it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So envious. West is the best.

Sometimes I wish I was still working in Machrihanish. That long beautiful, twisty run up and down the Mull of Kintyre almost made my paltry wage (back then) worth it.
That is an area I need to explore more of

·
Registered
34 Posts
Am I missing something here or is this the most confuing road marking ? The solid white line on the oncoming lane means they cant overtake, then as soon as it becomes broken, allowing overtaking,
Road 1.jpg
the arrow tells you to pull in and not overtake... why not just continue the solid white line
Nothing supprises me on UK roads to be fair :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Am I missing something here or is this the most confuing road marking ? The solid white line on the oncoming lane means they cant overtake, then as soon as it becomes broken, allowing overtaking, View attachment 46596 the arrow tells you to pull in and not overtake... why not just continue the solid white line
must make sense to the fools who decide on road markings ...about as stupid as those so cpalled smart motorways with no hard shoulder...Wonder how that will work out with electric cars running out of battery life...Suppose we are all redundant life forms now.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I missing something here or is this the most confuing road marking ? The solid white line on the oncoming lane means they cant overtake, then as soon as it becomes broken, allowing overtaking, View attachment 46596 the arrow tells you to pull in and not overtake... why not just continue the solid white line
Good point ! It's the ' military road ' and goes to the nuclear naval base , can only imagine it's something to do with that . Convoys use the route . Who knows .

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’m going to do some work over at Faslane/Coulport next week. I know a few bikers that work there. I’ll ask them if they know what the deal is with those road markings.

Never noticed that until now.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m going to do some work over at Faslane/Coulport next week. I know a few bikers that work there. I’ll ask them if they know what the deal is with those road markings.

Never noticed that until now.
Good man .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts