Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you all might like to see photos of the leather I've added to my Bobber.

This is a LaRosa Harley right-side saddle bag with fuel bottle (about $200 on Amazon) and a Fox Leather Tool bag (about $56 direct) on top of the short fender. The LaRosa bag doesn't need a mounting system as the straps/holes in the leather match up well to the frame of the bike. The bag is bigger (I think) than the Triumph one, and it it can expand greatly to to hold something a lot larger.

I had the heavy duty 9" Fox bag on my forks under the light, but didn't really like the fit....even though it looked great. I kinda like it on the tail as it hides some of the large plastic mounting system Triumph has for the lights.

I have a single LaRosa fuel bottle carrier on the other side, but am probably going to sell it now that I have this saddle bag. I have it mounted so it sits about the same way on the bike as the one on the bag does.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks the mutt's, and solves 2 problems at the same time. As you've done the work and found a solution that fits, would you be good enough to specify exactly which Lorosa bag it is, I don't want to order one from the US only to find I've got the wrong one. Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That bag is perfect for me, i like the fuel bottle, driving around in Thailand I almost had to push it a couple times due to lack of gas stations, I've been saved by these vending machine gas pumps when you get in the rural areas

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted the right side bag for the left side of the bobber because of the way it follows the frame. You can mount it on the right side too and it doesn't look so bad.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for that. It seems that the search goes on though - £50 shipping?!
Hey Glyn, I have a similar problem i live in Thailand and not only is the shipping high but i get ass raped on import tax! what i did was google shipping companies and found a shipping company in California run by Thai's and i can get items air freighted for about $20 a kilo and they have a connection at customs as i have never paid import tax, might look into something like that in France

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thought you all might like to see photos of the leather I've added to my Bobber.

This is a LaRosa Harley right-side saddle bag with fuel bottle (about $200 on Amazon) and a Fox Leather Tool bag (about $56 direct) on top of the short fender. The LaRosa bag doesn't need a mounting system as the straps/holes in the leather match up well to the frame of the bike. The bag is bigger (I think) than the Triumph one, and it it can expand greatly to to hold something a lot larger.

I had the heavy duty 9" Fox bag on my forks under the light, but didn't really like the fit....even though it looked great. I kinda like it on the tail as it hides some of the large plastic mounting system Triumph has for the lights.

I have a single LaRosa fuel bottle carrier on the other side, but am probably going to sell it now that I have this saddle bag. I have it mounted so it sits about the same way on the bike as the one on the bag does.
Dr bobber
i have the same bag bottle - finding this difficult to mount
whats the secret - the three straps slide and the bag naturally falls inward
not very secure.

shep

·
Registered
72 Posts

How did you mount it. Could you post some pictures of either close up or install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts