Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, anybody retrofitted a larger capacity fuel tank? Or know of anybody who makes one to fit? Really would like to extend the range as I love riding in the countryside and hills where there are not so many petrol stations.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hornet, yes I was thinking that but I guess we need to wait and see for confirmation. No doubt it will be quite an expensive purchase too!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Might be a popular upgrade! Can't wait to see who does it first. I think someone retrofitted a t120 tank on this forum. Might want to give that a search. The SpeedMaster tank seems a bit more sense.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Might be a popular upgrade! Can't wait to see who does it first. I think someone retrofitted a t120 tank on this forum. Might want to give that a search. The SpeedMaster tank seems a bit more sense.
Member trirocket3 fitted a T120 tank to his bobber.
Take a look on his profile or search here for "My Blobber" for pics.
He can help you out on how he did it.

mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive looked in to this a bit and decided i don't like the look of the T120 tank, also the Speedmaster tank would cost at least £700 to do and is only 3 liters more so i went to a custom bike shop and am going to have a full custom aluminium tank made for the bike at a cost of about £800.

Exact design is still to be decided after they make a few templates but basically figured out we can make a tank that follows the originals shape but make it about 1 1/2" longer at the back and about 1 1/4" wider on both sides plus a little deeper. Havent worked out the final capacity yet either but think it will be at least 16 liter, if we can get 16 or 17 without making it as long/wide will do that and take size down.

Because they will need the bike for a good few weeks (making templates and getting me round to view them etc) im going to have them modify both front and rear fenders at same time for about another £200.

Am looking forward to it and will let all here on the forum know how it works out

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Super cool, RexAlba! Please try to get some pictures of the intermediate steps as well as the finished product.

- Pasta

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Definitely want to see the results of these mods. I personally liked the T120 mod that was featured on the forum, so I’m looking forward to see the differences when yours is done.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will start a thread on it once work gets going but wont be for a few weeks yet, depending how it works out i might be able to offer repeat orders off my template and trial fit them on my bike before shipping for others

·
Registered
370 Posts
That sounds awesome. Definitely something I think quite a few members here would be interested in as well. Maybe you could even get a bigger order going that might save you a few bucks.

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im sure a few will be interested but not sure how many will be willing to part with the cash as its going to be £1000 plus mod including paint etc

·
Registered
208 Posts
I will start a thread on it once work gets going but wont be for a few weeks yet, depending how it works out i might be able to offer repeat orders off my template and trial fit them on my bike before shipping for others
Where are you based ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ask them to upgrade rear brake while you’re at it lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts