Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
You're welcome. I helped Don at LeRosa with seat design for our bikes as well as the guys at Motherroad customs. To no avail for me unfortunately , but perhaps for others.........

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does anyone know if the LaRosa seat sits into the Bobber's outer stainless pan, replacing the black seat? Or does the LaRosa seat replace the original entirely.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This is their statement on the site:

- Hand Dye Leather on top and bottom. The seat pan and foam are covered with 3mm cow hide leather , with hand dyed and treated finish.

- Steel seat pan and slim foam

- Mounting bracket in photo included

·
Registered
789 Posts
Look at the photo of the bottom, the bracket is there. That is ready to bolt directly to the bike, no seat pan required!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'd like to know whether their seats are more comfortable/supporting than the ones Triumph offers. Also how they compare with the Corbin design?

Chico

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just spoke with Frisco at La Rosa. We chatted about the comfort of their seat versus the competition. He stated that Corbin has more foam but the comfort is more related to shape and "travel" in the seat. He tried to explain what he meant by travel since I wasn't sure of what he meant. According to Frisco the La Rosa shape and angle of the seat translates into comfort.
I inquired about returns, he said that he can accept returns within 30 days if I'm not happy with the product. There is a one year warranty on workmanship. Also if one orders the bag at the same time they will match the color to the seat since they do their own leather dying.
I hope this helps, the price is certainly attractive especially with the %18 off. I'd place the order now but since my bike is sleeping for the winter (snowing right now) I won't proceed till spring arrives and I can try the seat and be able to return it within the 30 days, bummer.

Chico

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looks like it’s built for looks not for comfort. That’s not a bad thing, but it looks more like a statement seat than a couch.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looks like it’s built for looks not for comfort. That’s not a bad thing, but it looks more like a statement seat than a couch.
They make great leather but, am also looking forward to someone testing the comfort level. I had a Statement seat for a season and as much as I loved the looks, it just wasn’t as comfortable or more importantly, supportive as I could deal with. Am now riding a recovered leather OEM seat with more supportive thin foam which works really well. But, that La Rosa gives the visual impression of the Statement but, it would have to be more comfortable.

·
Registered
355 Posts
With the 18% off, I pulled the trigger and ordered one of the LaRosa seats. I chatted online with Frisco, who was helpful. Once I get the seat, I'll write up a review.

As an aside, LaRosa has a reputation of producing comfortable leather seats for hardcore bikers, so I have high hopes it will be as comfortable as it is good looking.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
With the 18% off, I pulled the trigger and ordered one of the LaRosa seats. I chatted online with Frisco, who was helpful. Once I get the seat, I'll write up a review.

As an aside, LaRosa has a reputation of producing comfortable leather seats for hardcore bikers, so I have high hopes it will be as comfortable as it is good looking.
Yes, we all do. Looking forward to that review when you get it. Which one did you order (and what is your Bobber color)? What seat are you riding now?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm bummed, all this good stuff coming out of the States with a murderous import duty, a shafting off customs on top and a weak pound and silly postage :(

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, we all do. Looking forward to that review when you get it. Which one did you order (and what is your Bobber color)? What seat are you riding now?

I went with the burgundy "antiqued" saddle pictured here. I changed the thread from white to brown. My tank is Ironstone, and I've started adding bronze and leather accents to the bike to tie it all together. Currently riding the standard OEM seat.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I went with the burgundy "antiqued" saddle pictured here. I changed the thread from white to brown. My tank is Ironstone, and I've started adding bronze and leather accents to the bike to tie it all together. Currently riding the standard OEM seat.
I think it'll look really nice with the Ironstone. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how the seat looks without teh Triumph seat pan. I've seen a few seats here and there that aren't mounted to the standard seat pan, and some lookg really nice while others seem unfinished. BC seems like they did a great job of giving the seat a beautiful finished-off look to the whole thing. I too await your review on it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think you made a great choice. I have an Ironstone and originally had the brown Statement seat. I changed it out for a distressed gray/black recovered OEM and it looks way better (not to mention way more comfort and support). But, that burgundy leather sure looks sweet. Looking forward to seeing it and the accessories you’ve planned on the bike. ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts