Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
psych!

Just kidding, I was told that my new La Rosa seat and saddlebag has finally shipped. So, in anticipation, I started this thread to alert those that have shown interest it's on the way and I should get it around the 15th.

What I can report, it looks like a 2-month lead time from ordering, production, and shipping for a custom made seat. Off the shelf should go out immediately. They told me they were a bit behind due to the Holiday ordering, so they may be catching up.

Once i get the boxes, I'll take some photos and post in this thread. Just FYI - I woke up to 7" of snow this morning, so it may be a bit before I can get an actual ride in.

drb

·
Registered
789 Posts
That's a good looking seat. Also, looks comfy
I had the stock seat ( of course ) the Statement seat, and the Quilted brown seat, I drew up sketches of my "dream seat" and took them and some photos and my stock seat pan to the local custom seat shop. It came out exactly like the photos I gave them. I only have 1 half hour ride on it but it is as comfortable as the stocker ( very ) and much better looking.>:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The box finally arrived today, so I got to unpacking. The first set of pics are just showcasing the seat and saddlebag. I managed a few pics of the seat sitting on the Triumph seat for size and shape comparison. I will say, I'm impressed with the how high the back of the seat is "kicked up", which should help keep me planted. Also... the seat is FIRM, but it is cushioned. Not anything like leather on a bare pan.

The garage is unheated, and it's 30 degrees out, so I'll probably wait until this weekend to mount everything up. More pics to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
That does look great but since I have been riding with my Indian buddies my average ride is probably 2 hours with a 4 or even 5 hour ride not out of the question. That is why I went back to my stock seat pan.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That does look great but since I have been riding with my Indian buddies my average ride is probably 2 hours with a 4 or even 5 hour ride not out of the question. That is why I went back to my stock seat pan.

Indian bobber or Indian baggers? I'm used to doing 13 hour days in the saddle of my Harley Bagger with the Indian and Wing guys I ride with. There is one secret weapon that can help with the bobber: Sheepskin. Seriously - Sheepskin can make metal comfortable. The secret is that it allows air to circulate beneath your bum, preventing sweating and hotspots, plus a bit of cushion. It's an old biker trade.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It warmed up to a balmy 40 degrees today, so after work, I went to the garage and started tinkering. Everything went on perfectly smooth, with no issues. La Rosa paid a lot of attention to every detail regarding fitment and quality. Note how the seat pan fits the curve of the bracket, just resting on it. Once the bolts are tightened, it's a perfect match, flush, no gaps.

Next, I'll have to do a test ride. I haven't sat on it yet, it's still on the lift.

I'll have a genuine Triumph saddlebag and hardware for sale shortly for anyone interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
That seat looks great! Might consider the black version..... I have the Larosa bag but I didn't like how it mounted, If remember correctly it seems lose or one of the straps was not in a correct position, do you have any pictures how you mounted it? Thank you.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That seat looks great! Might consider the black version..... I have the Larosa bag but I didn't like how it mounted, If remember correctly it seems lose or one of the straps was not in a correct position, do you have any pictures how you mounted it? Thank you.

I'll try to snap a pic. There are 4 straps. The top 2 work perfectly and holds the bag solid The strap on the left of the bag has no use on the Bobber. There is a bottom strap that can be used, but it's too short. I'm going to send a message to La Rosa and ask if they can make me one about 5 inches longer so it can wrap around the bottom frame tube. I will say, that my bag was made directly for the Bobber, and it fits fine, save for the the bottom strap.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I'm wondering about the comfort of the new seat?

I won't really know until I can get in a ride. It snowed last night, and it's calling for rain and snow this weekend. Sitting on it in the garage seemed to be comfortably, but noticeably firm. Soon as I get a ride in, I'll know more.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow, your seat looks awesome!!! I'm not sure about the brass studs though they look like they sit a little bit proud and I'd be worried about them catching on my jeans but it's the first real alternative I've seen to Triumph's own Statement seat and the leather looks mega. Nice one mate. >:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thank you davidrb for the information, now I remember I had the issue with the bag. That's a great idea getting a longer bottom strap because I felt it was going to hit the spokes......
I will try the same one day.....also getting lots of snow this weekend.......

·
Registered
789 Posts
The seat and bag are gorgeous but I can't imagine that being used for much past a barhopper which is what most are probably using it for already!>:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, your seat looks awesome!!! I'm not sure about the brass studs though they look like they sit a little bit proud and I'd be worried about them catching on my jeans but it's the first real alternative I've seen to Triumph's own Statement seat and the leather looks mega. Nice one mate. >:)

You got me thinking about the studs, so I went out to the garage and sat on the bike. I then began sliding around, up and down with my full weight, really paying attention to any sort of snag, drag, or catch. Jeans have a lot of seams (seat, legs, split, pockets, etc), so there is ample opportunity to catch. I didn't feel anything but smoothness. I also didn't feel any protrusions from the studs. I can safely report they should not be a problem.

Thanks for the question, if you have any more I'll be happy to check it out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The seat and bag are gorgeous but I can't imagine that being used for much past a barhopper which is what most are probably using it for already!>:)

I won't disagree with you. The seat is really firm. But a firm seat doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be comfortable. I really can't wait to take it out and see. However, i am planning a few overnight rides this coming summer on the Bobber. On page 1 of this thread, I mention, and provided a link for the Sheepskin option. I use one on my Harley, which has a very comfortable seat that's build like a hammock (sling), and provides ultra comfort. But the sheepskin really extends comfort.

But for the most part, yeah... the Bobber is my bar hopper. :wink2:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I won't disagree with you. The seat is really firm. But a firm seat doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be comfortable. I really can't wait to take it out and see. However, i am planning a few overnight rides this coming summer on the Bobber. On page 1 of this thread, I mention, and provided a link for the Sheepskin option. I use one on my Harley, which has a very comfortable seat that's build like a hammock (sling), and provides ultra comfort. But the sheepskin really extends comfort.

But for the most part, yeah... the Bobber is my bar hopper. :wink2:
Nothing wrong with that! >:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts