Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a La Rosa solo saddle bag on their bobber? If so, I'd love some advice on how to secure the bottom part of the bag. I know, it seems idiotic not to be able to attach some straps(!), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. It is easy enough of course to put the upper straps around the swing arm, but then I can't find anywhere that either of the two lower straps will fit onto in a way that looks like it does in the La Rosa pics online. I can just barely get the forward, lower strap around the frame just behind the airbox, but that pulls the bag forward quite a bit causing the upper strap to get caught at the point where the swing arm curves inward, and then that leaves the lower strap stretched out and exposed in a way that is not horrible but not what I am looking for, and not like the bags in the online La Rosa gallery. Basically, just wondering where to secure the bottom strap(s). I think even one will do it, but without either the bag will flop badly in the wind of course.

I should say, I chatted online with La Rosa about it, and while they tried to be helpful, it came down to them saying "well, it should work" and me saying "but it doesn't." I may well be just overlooking some obvious solution...

Hard to picture without have the bike and bag in front of you, but anyone who has mounted one may know what I mean, and if so, do tell how it worked for you.

I will attach below a pic from their site showing how it should look (with bag mounted pretty far back on the swing arm, and no strap showing between the bag and the airbox); and one of my bag half-mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
FYI, I sent my La Rosa back and ordered the Triumph swing bag. Without cutting into the La Rosa and figuring out how to put metal grommets (that are somehow waterproof) into the La Rosa, there simply isn't a means to securely fasten it to the swing frame.

Reactions: majstevetrevor

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^Thinking I may have to do that as well, which is too bad cause otherwise it's just what I need. And nice thick leather, for half the price of the non-leather Triumph version. Of course, if it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how nice the leather is...

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm currently sitting on one at the house that I love , but don't see any direct way to install. Thinking of returning. I will update if I come up with something. Still on the fence , and do agree with the you all when it comes to it being said to work on a bobber.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ill take a pic of mine when i get time. I got one for each side, have used both and they are very secure. Not sure i recall an issue during install but ill take a look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased the La Rosa bag for my bobber and had the same issue. I returned mine to La Rosa. They sat on the return for several weeks after they received, but tell me they have issued credit now. Seeing is believing.

Must admit that the bag was well made and certainly worth the money but I believe the straps are in a standard configuration that they sell to fit all hardtail, softballs, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts