Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

I would be interested to hear members thoughts of fitting the knew pads to the tank. I sort of like the concept for a retro look but I'm also on the fence. I probably won't do it but would like to hear comments on what You think if you have already done this and it would be great to see photos, especially of pads on different tank colours.

I assume these are fitted with double sided tape?

Any and all comments welcome?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
I don't like them... I bought a Street Twin film kit from Tankslapper, and it's much more to my liking due to it being pretty much invisible...

Reactions: Roy

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I put the Triumph pads on my Bobber. They were too thick for me. I took them off. (They weren't hard to get off.) The pads that I had on my Triumph Scrambler were great. They were not too thick and they stayed on.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I fitted a pair of Motone knee pads after getting a chip in my paint. It was easier than trying to repair the chip. With the competition green the black pad doesn't really stand out but I quite like the look of them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I have a pair of the Union Jack knee pads that I haven't installed yet. I haven't decided if I want to go ahead with them or not. I like the look with and without them, so I'm waiting to see if I get any paint damage before I put them on. It's certainly an easy way to give your bike a fresh look after a year or two if you don't want to go with them right away.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Personally they’re not to my taste and given that my knees never go anywhere near the tank they’re not needed anyway. But if I had to make a call in fitting them the Union Jack option has my vote!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Depending on the colour of your tank knee pads can look cool, they fit the retro vibe and if I owned a T120 I'd definitely have them. But I like to see Bobbers without them as I prefer the stripped back slim aesthetic as seen on many of the originals. However it's your bike it's your choice. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought it added a nice touch,but it is a personal choice. I did add some silver and gold to accent the Union Jack.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Depending on the colour of your tank knee pads can look cool, they fit the retro vibe and if I owned a T120 I'd definitely have them. But I like to see Bobbers without them as I prefer the stripped back slim aesthetic as seen on many of the originals. However it's your bike it's your choice. :smile2:
Man alive those pictures are beautiful, are they yours?

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
I really dislike the impact of knee pads on the lovely shape of the Speedmaster tank... I used a TankSlapper film kit to protect the tank... invisibly...

Reactions: Roy
1 - 20 of 55 Posts