Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
66 Posts
Try a two step cleaning process, first use mineral spirits, let dry, then use ammonia, let dry.
Use on both surfaces, tank and pads. Heat is good for adhesive sheets, there must be contamination.
I had the same issue, and the above process worked for me.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That is a perfect temperature. As Bonny said, there is some residue on the surface. There are several suggestions mine included. Any one will work if the surface is free of any contaminants. My personal favorite as a last treatment is alcohol, not the drinking kind.

Chico

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks. Gonna try that next. Right now I’ve put a fresh sheet on there after cleaning the tank real good with alcohol first. Then I stretched some painters tape from side to to side to hold it in place. Will see how that holds come morning.

·
Registered
2018 Bobber Black
213 Posts
I have the same problem with my pads. I went to my dedicated motorcycle shed (it was new) and never housed anything but bikes and both pads were on the floor.
I did take note that it happened during the week of 105 temps here in SC (there have been a few). I ordered the 3m VHB double-sided tape, but it looks like the original tape.
I like the nostalgic look of the pads but fear it is too hot here in the summer months. :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
So my new Motone knee pads, well the right one mainly, just won’t stay put and is gradually lifting off the tank. Any solutions for better adhesive that is pretty flat so it doesn’t make the pad look raised off the tank?
It was doing the same thing for me so I put little super glue on the edges, since I’m not taking them out I thought it won’t matter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So has anyone taking the rocket 3 R or GT on a long road trip? Is it comfortable for long trips , thinking about switching my bobber to rocket 3 to take some long trips.
I love the look and the power of the rocket, but if it’s not comfortable to take long trips with I have to find an other cool looking bike.
I have to say
Looks matters to me.😜
Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated.. thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts