Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use one of these or any recommendations? I live in the valley area of CA and it easily can get into the triple digit weather in the summertime (just got the forecast of an upcoming heat wave). My work parking lot recently got a fresh layer of asphalt. I'm now worried that my bike may tip over due to the possibility of the stand sinking into the hot/soft asphalt. I never worried about this (that much) with my previous Sportster, since that kick stand had a real wide/beefy base. The Bobber has a much smaller stand base - not as small as some of the sport bikes that I've seen, but small enough to be of a concern. For peace of mind, I plan on getting one of those coasters, and wanted to see if anybody uses them regularly and had any suggestions on what works well (fitwise, etc.) with the Bobber. Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I think a footstand enlarger (Adventure/CamelToe style enlarger) would look out of place if permanently attached.
So a puck that fits in your pocket would be a good solution.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those actually look really good and all of their reviews are pretty high up there. Some on there even say "dirt, snow, mud, ..." so I'm sure you'll be good to go with them

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one similar to that one but it is black. I got it at the geico insurance booth a few years ago at the hot bike magazine tour show here in Billings MT. I've only used it once and held up on dirt.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Anybody use one of these or any recommendations? I live in the valley area of CA and it easily can get into the triple digit weather in the summertime (just got the forecast of an upcoming heat wave). My work parking lot recently got a fresh layer of asphalt. I'm now worried that my bike may tip over due to the possibility of the stand sinking into the hot/soft asphalt. I never worried about this (that much) with my previous Sportster, since that kick stand had a real wide/beefy base. The Bobber has a much smaller stand base - not as small as some of the sport bikes that I've seen, but small enough to be of a concern. For peace of mind, I plan on getting one of those coasters, and wanted to see if anybody uses them regularly and had any suggestions on what works well (fitwise, etc.) with the Bobber. Thanks for your input!
I use this with a string attached that I tie around the handgrip so as to not forget it!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts