Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help with this have installed the kellermann atto LED lights front and back on my Bobber, I have then set the lights settings on the computer at setting 4 in which the light flash at the correct speed with the ignition on.

I then start the engine and the lights then start to hyperflash, I have tried all lights settings on the bike and all flash too fast so I’m thinking I might need to install resistors? If so could someone recommend what resistors I should be using.

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
Their really shouldn't be any difference between engine on and off as far as the lighting circuit is concerned. Since there is, it suggests some crossover in the wiring somewhere. I'd check where you take the LED power from, and where the earth goes to. Look for things that are touching that shouldn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes hazard lights are fine? Which is confusing? I assume you know what the issue might be?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes hazard lights are fine? Which is confusing? I assume you know what the issue might be?
my 5¢

Hi Ollie
It sounds as though the Kellermann aren't pulling enough load, resistance. When all for are on - hazards there is enough load but just side to side, not enough. A ballast resistor draws extra current to make up for the low draw (amperage) of the LEDs.
But the bobber is set up with switchable options to deal with this.
So to be sure, with the ignition on, you have side and tail lights working, it's just that the indicators flash too fast?

·
Registered
671 Posts
You have Kellermann at the rear what do you have up front?

I have Triumph small LED up front and Rzioma at the rear and am set at 4.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have kellermann both front and rear, just had a look a re-wiring the system have connected all the wires up correctly.

One comment was about the black wire/ earth and I have connected both black wires to that one single wire as the instructions says.

Where can I find the indicator relay box? As kellermann sell a indicator relay kit which might help if the on board computer at setting 4 is still not recognising.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, I’ll order some resistors from kellermann and wire it up and hope that that works!

Will keep you posted!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

I have the same issue currently. what size resistors did you add to draw extra load in the end?
Hi Craig

I ordered some 21w resistors and connected 2 to the front indicators only which allowed the signalling left and right to flash correctly but hazards don’t work at all! My electrical experience is limited so did have a garage do this in which they did say hazards are not a requirement for MOT so all fine legally although would be nice to have the hazards work as well!

not sure if connecting up4 resistors would fix the hazard problem! If you give it a go let me know the outcome!

Hope that helps

ollie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Craig

I ordered some 21w resistors and connected 2 to the front indicators only which allowed the signalling left and right to flash correctly but hazards don’t work at all! My electrical experience is limited so did have a garage do this in which they did say hazards are not a requirement for MOT so all fine legally although would be nice to have the hazards work as well!

not sure if connecting up4 resistors would fix the hazard problem! If you give it a go let me know the outcome!

Hope that helps

ollie
Thanks for that, I’ve ordered some 20w+ so am planning on adding them to the rear lights and hopefully sort the issue. Will update once fitted 👌🏻

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for that, I’ve ordered some 20w+ so am planning on adding them to the rear lights and hopefully sort the issue. Will update once fitted 👌🏻
Best of luck Craig, be interested to know if you have the same with hazards!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My hazards all work fine currently engine running or not. I assume this is because with all 4 lights running they are pulling enough load.
interesting, so you have the atto DF rear and atto indicators up front but connected your resistors to just the rear lights or all 4 have resistors? Might have to try swapping mine over and see if that solves my hazards issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep have Atto DF rear and Atto indicators up front. Currently have no resistors attached to any of them. I’m planning on putting resistors on just the rear first to see if that works.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts