Triumph Bobber Forum banner

K-TECH rear shock

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Bobber Bruce 
#1 ·
So it was a toss up between taking a chance on the K-TECH or going with the Nitron shock.
I wasn't sure as I haven't seen many people with the K-Teck fitted but it arrived today and first impressions are very favorable.
Came very well packaged.

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Eyewear

The finish and construction look top quality. It was built for rider weight and purpose.

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Gas Lens

A comparison shot with the stock shock which I found out after I removed it was leaking. It's amazing the weight difference between the two. I should have weighed them but it was really a considerable amount.
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Teleconverter

Just had the first 30 mile ride out after a very problem free fitting.

I must admit I was sceptical just how much of a difference it would make but really compared to stock it felt buttery smooth. It won't supply you with miracles but all I can say that I forget about avoiding ruts and bumps now.

Hard to have on bike pics as using the statement seat at the moment and that covers the shock well.

See less See more
#3 ·
You'll want to dial in the static sag now that you have a proper shock. Have someone measure how much your bike squats when you sit on it. Then adjust the preload collar until that sag is around 15mm. Then take it for a ride. If it feels a little too stiff you can back it off. This is where my preload collar sits on my Ohlins:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: BurgerBobber
#11 ·
If you're running the OEM shock what are you waiting for? ANY aftermarket shock would be an upgrade (even the cheap Chinese knockoffs). I do like they (BAAK) have a single adjustment for both rebound and compression damping (adjusts to how bouncy you want it to ride). Get off the fence you'll be a lot happier.