Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was a toss up between taking a chance on the K-TECH or going with the Nitron shock.
I wasn't sure as I haven't seen many people with the K-Teck fitted but it arrived today and first impressions are very favorable.
Came very well packaged.

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Eyewear

The finish and construction look top quality. It was built for rider weight and purpose.

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Gas Lens

A comparison shot with the stock shock which I found out after I removed it was leaking. It's amazing the weight difference between the two. I should have weighed them but it was really a considerable amount.
Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Teleconverter

Just had the first 30 mile ride out after a very problem free fitting.

I must admit I was sceptical just how much of a difference it would make but really compared to stock it felt buttery smooth. It won't supply you with miracles but all I can say that I forget about avoiding ruts and bumps now.

Hard to have on bike pics as using the statement seat at the moment and that covers the shock well.

Registered
You'll want to dial in the static sag now that you have a proper shock. Have someone measure how much your bike squats when you sit on it. Then adjust the preload collar until that sag is around 15mm. Then take it for a ride. If it feels a little too stiff you can back it off. This is where my preload collar sits on my Ohlins:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: BurgerBobber

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll want to dial in the static sag now that you have a proper shock. Have someone measure how much your bike squats when you sit on it. Then adjust the preload collar until that sag is around 15mm. Then take it for a ride. If it feels a little too stiff you can back it off. This is where my preload collar sits on my Ohlins:
View attachment 54911
Awesome. Thanks for the information. Sounds like a plan for the weekend then.

Registered
What made you go for the K-TECH over the Nitron in the end, was it just down to price?

I was going to go with Nitron, but this could be a good option instead.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, in the end it came down to two things, it was 110 cheaper and the fact that since I couldn't find many people who had used one, the spirit of adventure took over.
Plus still a UK company

Really happy.

Registered
Like to see more options on the bike with a review . Had to get a replacement shock through my dealer due to pitting and rust on the weld. Looks like a great dark option.

Registered
Awesome. Thanks for the information. Sounds like a plan for the weekend then.
How does it ride now that you made some adjustment to the preload? Did you fiddle the rebound damping as well?

Registered
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a 3AAK Big body shock, does anyone have one of those?, can you give some feed3AAK please ?
If you're running the OEM shock what are you waiting for? ANY aftermarket shock would be an upgrade (even the cheap Chinese knockoffs). I do like they (BAAK) have a single adjustment for both rebound and compression damping (adjusts to how bouncy you want it to ride). Get off the fence you'll be a lot happier.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How does it ride now that you made some adjustment to the preload? Did you fiddle the rebound damping as well?
Luckily, I didnt have to make too many adjustments. Direct from them, it was set up pretty well for my weight already. But thanks for your advice i did adjust a couple of turns to the preload.
The more i am getting out and riding this now the happier i am.

I see now, why everyone says the rear shock is a great upgrade.

Registered
Luckily, I didnt have to make too many adjustments. Direct from them, it was set up pretty well for my weight already. But thanks for your advice i did adjust a couple of turns to the preload.
The more i am getting out and riding this now the happier i am.

I see now, why everyone says the rear shock is a great upgrade.
You'll find the more you ride it the more responsive the shock gets. It will be miles of smiles in the long run.

Registered
If you're running the OEM shock what are you waiting for? ANY aftermarket shock would be an upgrade (even the cheap Chinese knockoffs). I do like they (BAAK) have a single adjustment for both rebound and compression damping (adjusts to how bouncy you want it to ride). Get off the fence you'll be a lot happier.
Yeah I get it but, just have to be careful on my buying, i want good but i want to know it's origin, know what I'm saying.

Registered
Yeah I get it but, just have to be careful on my buying, i want good but i want to know it's origin, know what I'm saying.
I get it. Maybe I'm too harsh on the OEM rear shock, but no more so than it was on my spine......

Reactions: trirocket3
1 - 15 of 15 Posts