Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now at 575 miles, first service behind me, my Bonneville Bobber Black is by far my most favorite motorcycle. I am just Smitten over this thing every time I ride it. Well done Triumph.

I have gleaned so much from this dedicated bobber forum and I check it several times every day. This is such a good group of owners, it is very refreshing!!!

I have only upgraded a few things, but because of this forum I have many other things swimming around in my head. I installed the Free Spirit Forward Controls, La Rosa 1L fuel bottle and a Monza Fuel Cap. Forward controls are just outstanding, LaRosa Fuel bottle, could keep me from walking should I miscalculate the "distance 'til empty", and the Monza style fuel cap is so easy to use instead of the Triumph locking cap. The OEM locking cap is clumsy to operate and the lock is unnecessary in my opinion. Pics attached.

Because of my job travels, I will be riding this Bobber in many places in the US this season and I can't wait.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes Eisen77, it is a Motone Kit I purchased from A&J Cycles, but my cap kit came with an elastic plastic lock-nut already installed. It states in the instruction, this nut can be adjusted to set the correct pressure per your cap install. Make sure and have at least 1 thread come through the plastic insert. Sec pic.

In aviation applications, we use AN (Army/Navy) or MS (Military Spec) lock-nuts with elastic inserts all the time. The standard practice, is the threaded end must extend 1 to 3 threads beyond the plastic insert for it hold correctly. My personal practice along with many in aviation is whenever I remove an elastic lock-nut during service, I dispose of it and replace with a new lock-nut. I have never had a elastic lock-nut fail. Pictured is a helicopter rotor hub with several lock-nuts in place.

Mark

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts