Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NRC has released their new rear lighting kits. Three options are available 1) just the led run/turn/brake lights 2) led lights with License plate mount on fender 3) led lights with Side Mount license plate

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/new-rage-cycles-triumph-bobber-fender-eliminator-kit/

Thanks to Danny For working with NRC on these kits.

We are running a 10% off Introductory offer on these kits until 11/30 with code NRCBOBBER

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looks pretty **** good great work!

Question... does it incorporate a running light, brake light and indicators? I’m sorry if I missed that in the description but it didn’t appear to be clear.

Also, the standard plate mount... is it as simple as removing the existing lights and indicators and then the mount that you supply utilising the existing holes etc without any modification or paint required for the standard fender?

·
Vendor
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fender mount plate bracket bolts right to the spot where the old light and plate mount were. The lights are fully integrated. Run, brake and amber turn lights. This is a bolt on piece, install instructions will be available this weekend from NRC.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Show bike? Garage queen? ...maybe yes.

There is a difference between legal and safe. I just don’t know if I would trust that to be seen as well as I would want from behind. I would have to see it in person.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Realy like the setup, for me the only problem may arise if you have a long coat on and covers the back of the seat whilst riding.

possible

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Show bike? Garage queen? ...maybe yes.

There is a difference between legal and safe. I just don’t know if I would trust that to be seen as well as I would want from behind. I would have to see it in person.
When I was a young rider I had no interest at all in anything legal or safe..however all these years later and with a few pins/screws in me etc. I'm rather keen on 'legal & safe', guess I'm getting old. Or perhaps I've just grown up..:surprise:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
I like the concept, and I think the darker it is, the better it looks. Definitely need a black seat pan to pull this off, and I'm a little concerned about how much of the black center is showing. If this was about half the size and able to be a lot more horizontal than angled up/vertical, I think it would look a lot more visually appealing.

With Rage360's nice low-profile front indicators, I was expecting/hoping for more of a low-profile LED setup that fit on the rear fender or fender supports in some way. It's great to see more and more options available to we Bobber owners though, so kudos for the innovation.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks OK but wouldn't buy it personally. I'm hoping that 2019 brings a lot more onto the market. I too am holding out for a LED system that utilizes the stock fender and mounting points. Just a simple bucket style rear light that would match the short stem 40mm indicators from Triumph would suit me fine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love the kit and just ordered it but AJ didn’t seem to honour the 10% discount code on my order. Hopefully they will answer my request to honour it. Looking forward to installing it during the winter. I’m presuming I need to remove rear wheel to instal this?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Not my cup of tea, as I like the lines of the uber-cool floating seat. It’s one of my favorite features, aesthetically speaking.
Saying that, I’m sure it’ll look pretty good in person and glad there are now more & more options for personalizing our Bobbers.

·
Vendor
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the kit and just ordered it but AJ didn’t seem to honour the 10% discount code on my order. Hopefully they will answer my request to honour it. Looking forward to installing it during the winter. I’m presuming I need to remove rear wheel to instal this?
Sent back the discount, code should be working now
Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
On reflection the more I look at it the more I feel the angle of the lights are just a little too skyward facing.

None the less as already stated it’s great to see some more options entering the market place but I feel I’m still going to hold of for now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Not my cup of tea, as I like the lines of the uber-cool floating seat. It’s one of my favorite features, aesthetically speaking.
Saying that, I’m sure it’ll look pretty good in person and glad there are now more & more options for personalizing our Bobbers.
That's funny because the floating seat was the only line I didn't like on the whole bike !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts