Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps,

As part of a mini winter build due to Charlotte (my Bobber) being snowbound I have pulled the trigger on a new exhaust. It's a matt black 'retro' (aka peashooter) from Bike Brothers.

Link: https://www.bb-speedshop.de/en/triumph/bobber-1200/325/exhaust-retro-2-2-stainless-steel-bobber-1200?c=119

I know this style isn't especially popular with forum members but as I'm leaning towards a vintage look for my bike, it suites me. Those of you older gents will no doubt recognize the design as such exhauster were the mainstay of the British bike industry back in the day, check out the smart young chap on his vintage triumph in the attached image.

I ordered this exhaust over the weekend, so thought I would start a thread detailed my whole experience; from purchase to my 'attempt' to install it myself and of course if the snow ever disappears, my riding experience.

I never really embraced the modern looking 'slash-cut' silencers on the stock Bobber, so I'm excited to give these a go.

As to cost? Well I got a 10% new years discount, so with shipping etc it was:

$786.56 (or approx. £610)

Will update when it get's here with an initial impression of build quality etc.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Nice!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Bike Bros are seriously good to deal with and I enjoy purchasing from them.

When is the ETA ?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

I purchased my rack from BB and had no complaints at all, so hoping for the best.

No idea on ETA as I don't get mail delivery up on the mountain, so I just have to be patience. I suspect it will be at my post office in 10 to 14 days or around there, that seems to be the norm for international packages. And then of course if I can get of the mountain I will pick it up. More confidence these days since I got studded snow tires - on my Jeep 'not' the Bobber....:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’ve only ever driven in the snow a handful of times with a 4x4 (and once with my trusty R1200R).
Not an experience I wish to repeat without the proper gear, although it was stunning riding in such beautiful scenery!

14 days sounds good and not too long to wait.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your support Chaps,

Some of the more modern looking exhaust I think look superb, just not for my at my time of life. I may be mistaken but I don't recall any of our members that have fitted these retros from BB, so hence my intended thread on the off chance it helps someone out. Always good to share.:smile2:

If anyone has any fitting advice for slip-ons, I'm all ears?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Looks great Roy. One thing I noticed though and I think it has to do with the “faux” exhaust caps by Triumph and the fact that the Bike Brothers exhaust sweeps up slightly, the joint seems a little wonky, do you notice in the pics too ? Just an observation

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great Roy. One thing I noticed though and I think it has to do with the “faux” exhaust caps by Triumph and the fact that the Bike Brothers exhaust sweeps up slightly, the joint seems a little wonky, do you notice in the pics too ? Just an observation
Thanks for that. Will keep my eyes open and let you know what it looks like in the flesh so to speak.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for all your support Chaps,

Some of the more modern looking exhaust I think look superb, just not for my at my time of life. I may be mistaken but I don't recall any of our members that have fitted these retros from BB, so hence my intended thread on the off chance it helps someone out. Always good to share.:smile2:

If anyone has any fitting advice for slip-ons, I'm all ears?

Cheerio,

Roy

Hello Roy,

you're not right, our Member Erich has these Shark Slip Ons black coloured, see below

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/members/erich-k%C3%B6nig-albums-rear-fender-mods.html

But anyway, I guess it is a good looking exhaust for our bikes! Well done man!

Cheers
Ram

·
Registered
117 Posts
For what it's worth Roy, I'm 26 and absolutely loved the peashooters on my T100. All my mates changed their exhausts on their bikes, for slips on or some quirky end cans, they sounded and looked the ****, don't get me wrong, but something about the traditional peashooter shape, just suited the Bonnie to a T.

I have to say, Triumph do a great job with their stock exhausts, I haven't wanted to change my slash cuts on the Bobber, as they look and sound great with an X-Pipe. Looking forward to seeing the results once fitted dude.

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
316 Posts
Roy.... I’ve really been giving these exhausts some serious consideration. In my opinion they suit the Bobber to a tee...

I’ll be very interested in how you get on.... have you got a decat?? That’s t(e only thing holding me off, I have a decat and I don’t want to fit silencers that are going to make the bike to loud, it’s just right at the moment.

For me the pee shooters are more about the looks than the noise....

Keep us updated...:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Roy Its got nothing to do with age mate....Its all about what YOU like and what suits you..Pea shooters always look good , don't forget to post some pix when there on the bike.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Gents,

I'm surprised how many of you like these, I thought I would be in our there on my own! Thanks also Ram for pointing out Erich's bike, looks terrific, I must have missed that one.

I'm running an de-cat (fitted from new) and will of course update on all accounts with this build. Although I have a few 'little projects' on the go, so just taking my time as the bike slowly has more pieces pulled off:surprise:.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
769 Posts
Roy.... if you get the chance, I’d be interested if there is any weight saving..
I don't quite understand this because the cans are way below the CG and there is no way you could feel any weight savings or handling improvement. Strictly an academic point!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts