Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Just got a Bobber after 12 years of no motorcycles

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  JJPL 
#1 ·
Greetings from Layton Utah! My wife totally surprised me by having a new Bobber delivered to my house 2 weeks ago! I get home after work on a Friday and my wife and I are setting on the porch and a truck pulls up by the house pulling a trailer with BMW & Triumph decals on the trailer. I tell my wife that one of our neighbors must have bought a motorcycle. Well the driver opens the trailer and wheels out a bobber and then all of a sudden he is pushing it up to my house!

Couldn't believe it... she said it is a combination present for my 50th birthday and our 30 year wedding anniversary coming up in October. I got the best wife in the world!

I haven't had a motorcycle in about 12 years and wasnt even looking for one. I finally cave and agreed to cosign for my 22 year old son to buy a Street Twin (after hearing him beg since he was 17 for a motorcycle) and when I went with him to get it, I saw a Bobber and thought it was just so classy and cool. I was polarized by it and I was a sport bike kind of guy before. Got home and just showed a picture to my wife (didnt even say I wanted one) and said isn't that cool?! She took it and ran with it.

I grew up on dirt bikes but I only had 2 road bikes, a Honda Hawk GT 650 and my last bike was a Honda 919. So glad she picked this bike! I cant stop looking, thinking, and wanting to ride it! I always wanted a Speed Triple when I had my 919 and I'm surprised she picked this style bike but wow..I enjoy it so much more than my 919 in every way. I am so impressed with how well it handles...it is perfect for the mountain roads out here.

By the way, I got the Ironstone and it already had the side mounted license plate on it.

Best,
Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
About to get my new Bobber tomorrow on London, trading in my Ducati Scrambler, which I have really enjoyed and use every day, rain or even more rain. Saw the Bobber on-line acouple of months ago and thought 'wow'. Had a work meeting cancelled 3 weeks ago and 'popped into' Metropolis just to look. An hour test drive later that was that - they just gave me the key and it sold itself. Then with some trepidation had to go home and explain. Was met with 'You work hard, you love your bike, treat yourself'. So I did. And then the next day I had to explain how it only had one seat!

Cutting to the chase I have now also bought an old Xmax 250 scooter for occasional joint trips to cinema and town and everyone happy. Haven't ridden a scooter for 15yrs and it was fun. So lucky enough to be double winner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.