Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all of your help and guidance so far on my others threads, (which gloves) and (Get your boots out) You’ve helped my buy with a lot more confidence! ;)

Next item on my list is some riders jeans and given that I’m a bit of a lump... 6ft 4” and 18st or 252 Ibs, finding regular jeans/clothes in general can be tricky. My legs are pretty **** long and chunky thanks to years of rugby.

I’d of course like them to offer some good quality protection.

So what brands cater for the larger gentleman folks?

Mike.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all of your help and guidance so far on my others threads, (which gloves) and (Get your boots out) You’ve helped my buy with a lot more confidence! ;)

Next item on my list is some riders jeans and given that I’m a bit of a lump... 6ft 4” and 18st or 252 Ibs, finding regular jeans/clothes in general can be tricky. My legs are pretty **** long and chunky thanks to years of rugby.

I’d of course like them to offer some good quality protection.

So what brands cater for the larger gentleman folks?

Mike.
Hi Mike,
I know this is a US brand but have you tried Carhartt? Very heavy made and have all sizes. Either in denim of various shades of canvas duck, insulated, flannel lined or plain. I'm in construction my entire career which is long and have worn them for years. Many big guys in my profession wear them too.

Durable Workwear, Outdoor Apparel, & Gear | Carhartt

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too am of large stature... 6' 250lbs. I wear GoGoGear under my regular jeans (similar to the cafe racer link/ yellow leggins) Total Kevlar lined, not just spot areas and comes with knee protection and pockets for hip. They've since added 1 size up from mine (xs-4xl) They stretch and breathe well.

Kevlar Base Layer

Excellent quality, Excellent price! I've worn them in the SoCal summers and they aren't any hotter than just being hot from the weather.

I also have a pair of Scorpion riding jeans but they were too wide in the legs. I took them to the tailor and had the legs taken in to match my Levis. Now they look like normal jeans!

I think there are more "Big" guys out there looking for decent fashionable riding gear than most companies think.
- Just my $.02

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like Duluth fire hose pants.........Not specifically built to crash in , but I know several that have with no adverse outcome. I like mine , though a bit warm on hot days. What I wore exclusively when I was doing tougher adventure rides on my Tiger. Hit the ground a bunch (including breaking an ankle...) and they look none the worse for wear.
https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-fire-hose-cargo-work-pants-92204.html?cgid=mens-pants-work-pants&dwvar_92204_color=BRN#start=1&cgid=mens-pants-work-pants

·
Registered
197 Posts
Personally, I wear a pair of Resurgence jeans which are really comfortable and give really good protection, apparently, with proper armour in the knees and hips. They are a bit on the snug side. I'm nowhere near your size and have no idea if they do any that would suit you. I had a pair of hood jeans ages ago, but didn't really like them, fit, comfort and protection wise, but I've no problem with these.

I understand Rokker is the top of the line for bike jeans these days and looking at the motolegends website, they do a good range of leg lengths. A bit pricey though.

PS, motolegends is a cracking shop and it's well worth a visit to their Guildford branch if you're in the market for some bike gear.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Great thread!
I’m looking into resurgence and rokker for protective jeans over Autumn/winter/spring. It gets pretty damp and cold/humid here during those months.

Mike, for your size I would definitely look at a more American cut or large EU fit like Rukka.
But FCMOTO, Sportbikeshop.co.uk and Urban Rider ALL have easy return policies if size is wrong.
A common practice I use with FCMOTO is to order both sizes (big and bigger!) and return the unsuitable one. Refund is quick and easy. Never, ever had an issue with them.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Take a peek at Draggin Jeans... Not cheap, but M/C specific

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cheers for the suggestions and tips folks ;)
One thing you might consider Mike, if you haven't already done so, are riding pants (from a host of manufacturers, Rev'it, Klim, Alpinestars, Dainese, etc.). Textile type pants which are meant to go over jeans (so you can wear your own). If the weather is just too hot for that you can just wear them over skivvies They have armor (knees and sometimes hip but you can add the hip armor), side zips so you can easily get in/out without taking off your boots and usually are cut generously since they're meant to be over-pants. Despite usually being generously cut to fit over something else if needed, they're not like "dad" jeans :surprise: which are a definite no-no. Just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts