Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't think it was going to happen today, but the sun has been shining for the last 2 days, the snow is melting and the snow storm expected today petered out, so I rented a trailer and my Bobber is home at last!!

No new pics yet, because I'm working on installing a few more items sitting in boxes around here to make it my own before posting up the final product. I'm just glad to finally have it in the garage! Whew!!

This is what I'm starting with:

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congratulations! I'm really excited for you. With spring finally on the horizon, I'm hoping to be in a similar position by next weekend. Enjoy! We look forward to seeing your updated photos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I didn't think it was going to happen today, but the sun has been shining for the last 2 days, the snow is melting and the snow storm expected today petered out, so I rented a trailer and my Bobber is home at last!!

No new pics yet, because I'm working on installing a few more items sitting in boxes around here to make it my own before posting up the final product. I'm just glad to finally have it in the garage! Whew!!

This is what I'm starting with:
Congrats - love what you have done with the paint scheme!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys! I already put on the Omega Racing dark brown swingarm bag, swapped the TPS covers for the brushed aluminum ones, installed the Super Corse temp gauge oil fill cap, Motone black aluminum gas cap and deleted the rear side reflectors. I also adjusted the shifter lever 1 notch, so my boot fits under it without having to tip my toe down so far. This weekend I need to work on replacing the front and rear signals, installing the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight, removing the x-pipe and installing the Gassers mufflers.

The weather is looking great for the next few weeks, so I'll definitely be getting on the road soon. Can't wait!!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool! What other bits ( I know Gasser pipes) do you have to go on it?....and how many times have you gone and sat on it!
I've sat on it several times, fired it up about a half dozen times, kissed it good night last night and waved goodbye to it when I was leaving for work this morning...:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Thanks, guys! I already put on the Omega Racing dark brown swingarm bag, swapped the TPS covers for the brushed aluminum ones, installed the Super Corse temp gauge oil fill cap, Motone black aluminum gas cap and deleted the rear side reflectors. I also adjusted the shifter lever 1 notch, so my boot fits under it without having to tip my toe down so far. This weekend I need to work on replacing the front and rear signals, installing the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight, removing the x-pipe and installing the Gassers mufflers.

The weather is looking great for the next few weeks, so I'll definitely be getting on the road soon. Can't wait!!
You said "removing the x-pipe and...", are you taking your X-pipe off or installing? If installing the X-Pipe and the Gasser's, get ready for a surprise!

From the limited videos and reading, the X-Pipe/Gasser combo isn't as loud as the X-Pipe/BC combo, but it's significantly louder than BC or Gassers with the Cat in place, and significantly louder than X-Pipe and mufflers.

After talking with DJDanny on his X-Pipe/Gasser combo, it didn't seem that it would be as loud as it is....but it is! You will def be heard, but if you keep your hand out of the throttle it can be "non-neighbor p*ssing off".

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You said "removing the x-pipe and...", are you taking your X-pipe off or installing? If installing the X-Pipe and the Gasser's, get ready for a surprise!

From the limited videos and reading, the X-Pipe/Gasser combo isn't as loud as the X-Pipe/BC combo, but it's significantly louder than BC or Gassers with the Cat in place, and significantly louder than X-Pipe and mufflers.

After talking with DJDanny on his X-Pipe/Gasser combo, it didn't seem that it would be as loud as it is....but it is! You will def be heard, but if you keep your hand out of the throttle it can be "non-neighbor p*ssing off".
Yes, you're right. I'm removing the CAT and installing the x-pipe. I'm expecting it to be loud, but only when I'm twisting my wrist. Hopefully I'll be able to cruise slowly out of the neighborhood for some Saturday morning rides this Summer.

I installed the Motodemic adaptive LED headlight last night, put a pair of bullet valve caps on tonight and removed the OEM front blinkers, so I can put the Rage 360's on tomorrow. I might try to tackle the rear indicators tomorrow too if I can come up with a plan of attack. Then Sunday will be the exhaust. Fun times!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been a productive weekend, and the weather has been gorgeous here in Minnesota! I didn't get the rear lights done, but pretty much everything else is done. Important lesson of the day: don't tighten frame screws until all of the screws are threaded through the holes in the frame or it can lengthen the amount of time it takes to re-assemble after installing the x-pipe. The x-pipe with the Gassers exhaust sounds AWESOME!!! A great rumble in the neighborhood and the loud raucous roar on the highway while hanging on for dear life (definitely more throttle response per the butt dyno)! On a side note, the lack of snow in these pics is shocking, given that we got 21.75" of snow last weekend. Crazy spring weather!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
It's been a productive weekend, and the weather has been gorgeous here in Minnesota! I didn't get the rear lights done, but pretty much everything else is done. Important lesson of the day: don't tighten frame screws until all of the screws are threaded through the holes in the frame or it can lengthen the amount of time it takes to re-assemble after installing the x-pipe. The x-pipe with the Gassers exhaust sounds AWESOME!!! A great rumble in the neighborhood and the loud raucous roar on the highway while hanging on for dear life (definitely more throttle response per the butt dyno)! On a side note, the lack of snow in these pics is shocking, given that we got 21.75" of snow last weekend. Crazy spring weather!
Great pics.
Really nice job!

Indeed - so strange to think you were snowed in last week and now you´re in a Tshirt!!! :surprise:
We are getting some strange ups & downs weatherwise here in Mallorca, but nothing as extreme as there.

Enjoy your ride :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Looks fantastic! It really came together!

·
Registered
196 Posts
... removed the OEM front blinkers, so I can put the Rage 360's on tomorrow.
The Hayes manual states that you have to remove the tank to replace the front signal lights. Seems unnecessary. Another post on the site said that you simply loosen the tank and slide it back to get access to the harness/connectors. What was your experience?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts