Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so a really good wash was administered:

Now, I'm in a head versus heart state. Head says finish the Guzzi, then move onto the BSA. Heart says get ripped into the BSA. What's a boy to do?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
@Psycopasta that tank is gorgeous!! (especially after the wash job) Congrats on the purchase and good luck with your new adventure. It'll be interesting to see how you tackle the job. Are you thinking about doing an original restoration, or getting creative and making a one-off build out of it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great choice! I have a few builds and restorations going on at once. When I’m not off riding half way around the world, my different projects are my favourite way to relax and create (brick by brick). Once they’re finished I find a new project so I always have 3 or 4. I haven’t restored a BSA but I’ve restored a 58 Matchless. The BSA looks like a great project!

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ysoslo, I intend to keep it looking like a road-going Beeza like the one in Roy's picture, but I'm not into the rivet-counting OCD restoration scene. I prefer to restore to better than original, especially where electrics are concerned. So I'll probably de-lucasify the electrics, and I'll also do whatever engine mods people in the know suggest to make her a good runner. But I'll keep the running gear as close to stock as I can.

Interestingly, it has a non-stock triple tree and front shocks. The original triple tree uses loose ball bearings trapped in cones, so I wonder if a previous owner already converted to a proper bearing. Time will tell.

And @Roy, you might be right. Time to let the heart lead the head, methinks.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I wouldn’t even restore that.... just make it safe and roadworthy and ride it.... the patina is perfect, and very cool

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldn’t even restore that.... just make it safe and roadworthy and ride it.... the patina is perfect, and very cool
I'm with you on that, but it would be nice done up as well either would be great.
Personally I hate to see these old bikes chopped or bobbed, they classics that deserve to be unmolested IMHO.
I seem to remember my old Spitfire vibrated pretty good.
Nice find Physco, good luck with it, it's a struggle to find old ones over here for sensible money.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts