Triumph Bobber Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Triumph Bobber Black
13 Posts
Performance number comparison are just a penis measuring contest. You should buy the bike because you like it for the lines/look and how it feels with you riding the bike with your style of riding. What's the point of spending thousands on a bike for the stats to just be uncomfortable and not enjoy the ride. Most likely you'll rarely, if ever ride it to its performance potential.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree, on paper the Bobber makes no sense. But having tried numerous bikes the second I sat on the Bobber I knew it was the bike for me.

It is not comparable to other bikes because it is what it is so it's not a case of ' competition'. Either you love it or you don't.

That's the beauty of motorcycles, unlike modern cars they all have their own character.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check out this video comparing the Bobber with the Harley Davidson Sportster S, among others. Seems like the Bobber isn't keeping up with others, although the retro look may be the bigger draw for those of us that love our Bobbers. Personally, it just makes me feel like choosing the Bobber as my first bike wasn't such a crazy idea after all.

Comparison Video
I didn’t buy my Bobber on any of the criteria in the video and interesting as it was, irrelevant. I bought it for its looks and clean classic lines where it stands out streets ahead of any of the comparison machines, with some of then just plain ugly.

safe riding

Vic

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went down and sat on a Bobber because it's been peaking my interest for awhile now. I did the exact same thing in 2013 when I bought my Thruxton.

I had been riding sport bikes ( and some very serious ones) for years. On the other hand, at that point I had been riding a Harley at work for 15 years. I would say I have some serious seat time on the Harley...as I ended up doing 22 years of riding Harleys at work.

But back to the Thruxton, it ended up being a purchase of lifestyle and enjoyment. It could not hold a candle to the BMW and Suzuki race bikes I had owned for years before that.

I went in to the shop for 3 years before I took the plunge.

Now here I am again, looking at a lifestyle and enjoyment change and its the Bobber I want. I checked out Indian, Harley...even the Sportster S, and different model Triumphs.

I've been looking at the Bobber now for a couple of years and it's just that look. It's like my Thruxton...it's not the best, coolest, latest tech...but when I look at it it puts a big ole grin on my face...and now the Bobber is doing that.

I just dropped a deposit on a new Gold Line Bobber and it should be here sometime in January....

I think the Bobber isn't competing against these other bikes. I really think Triumph does something that Harley doesnt do as well....they take you back to a simpler time and evoke that feeling that alot of us who ride want...simple ride, wind and sun on the face, and hit the right lane and cruise at MY pace or that twisty road, taking it all in and not just how fast I can take that curve.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is it really about what is the biggest or the best or the fastest or Is it the bike that calls to you? There is always gonna be a bike out there that does something better than whatever one of us has. It’s really what brings you joy.
Does it put a smile on your face when you ride cross town or cross country or if it’s just you sitting on a milk crate in the garage soaking in the beauty of it’s existence?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is it really about what is the biggest or the best or the fastest or Is it the bike that calls to you? There is always gonna be a bike out there that does something better than whatever one of us has. It’s really what brings you joy.
Does it pit a smile on you face when you ride cross town or cross country or if it’s just you sitting on a milk crate in the garage soaking in the beauty of it’s existence?
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
I enjoy motorcycles in general. The sexy lines of a Ducati, or the overall love of the V-Twin grunt, or even the adventure series from many diff manufacturers. It doesn’t matter if you take a detour on your way to the perfect bike for you! It’s all for love of the machine. Find the ONE for you!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts