Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Iron & Resin Pannier Bag

12K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  Beaker 
#1 ·
Greetings, all. Has anyone picked up the Iron & Resin Pannier Bag for their Bobber? I was thinking about getting the Triumph pannier rail and attaching it to that. Was hoping someone else had done it and could tell me about fit, longterm review, etc. Thanks!

#2 ·
Never even knew their company existed until now, but their bags look great and reviews are positive.
The size looks similar to the OEM panniers Triumph offers, so I'd assume they fit fine without touching the exhaust pipe. Maybe a local store sells them and you can get one for testing? Return it if the bag doesn't fit.

#11 ·
Volunteers

Hé Psycho,
Guess you like volunteers just like I do...

Cu
Léon

#8 ·
there's 2 that i know of in southern california: ventura, and venice. i'm not far from both of them. was going to check out the ventura location last saturday but got caught up on other stuff. hopefully will get a chance to visit one of their locations in next few weeks (can't this weekend - will be in vegas baby!) from their website, those panniers are listed as available at their stores. will keep everyone posted once i get to visit their store.

#16 ·
Big Bear, since the I&R bags have those four ring hooks and various strap combos, is it possible to hook
and tie them on for day rides without having to have either the Hepco or Triumph pannier bars? The bag lols really great but, I don’t want to have any permanent bars. Thanks.

#19 ·
unfortunately i haven't had a chance to go visit one of their stores, as it's on my list of to do things - looks like they have cool items/clothing etc. i don't have any brackets on my bike, so i wanted to take a look at the bags in person to see the quality and how the straps were and if i could devise a way to somehow attach them without any brackets - doesn't look like it may be possible though. too bad, as i like how the bags have the retro old school look that compliments the bobber so well. since i don't want to mount any brackets on the bike, may have to go with something like one of the sw-motech legend gear tail bags that can easily strap to the rear fender. also seems like they would go well with the bobber.

Attachments

#20 ·
I concur that the SW-Motech bags certainly look like they'd complement the Bobber. Note that the Bike Brothers luggage rack stipulates a 5kg/11lb load limit. Other luggage racks may be similar.

https://www.bb-speedshop.de/en/triu...rack-for-triumph-bonneville-bobber-1200?c=119

Although both SW-Motech bags will likely fit, I suspect that once loaded the 2nd tail bag would be well over the weight limit. I don't know how accurate the prescribed weight limit is, but it's something that you should consider when selecting your bag.

#24 ·
I concur that the SW-Motech bags certainly look like they'd complement the Bobber.

one mustn't take that to serious... you generally overload as the limits are in most cases ridiculous. Most aftermarket racks for bikes have a ten kilo limit but they sell you topcases with it and some topcases are way above 5 kilos... The OEM top box for my tiger was almost 9 kilos empty...

I'd say you can easily load about ten kilos on BB rack it will influence the handling as you cannot adjust the rear shock... but you'll get used to that after a while

#21 ·
FWIW , although I know a bunch of you don't like the idea of bags on a bobber , mine have been getting solid complements from the guys I work with and ride with. I feel I'll be able to do a 10 day trip in a couple months with just a little forethought as to what to bring. Yes , a laundry stop or two will be needed , but you could go 3-4 days on theses I&R bags if packed correctly.

#22 ·
FWIW , although I know a bunch of you don't like the idea of bags on a bobber , mine have been getting solid complements from the guys I work with and ride with. I feel I'll be able to do a 10 day trip in a couple months with just a little forethought as to what to bring. Yes , a laundry stop or two will be needed , but you could go 3-4 days on theses I&R bags if packed correctly.
Laundry stop ???? dump your dirty underwear/socks/T shirt and buy new !!! Travel light young man !!>:)

#23 ·
I've done two weeks each on motorbikes in vietnam and taiwan, over the past two years, with everything carried in a bag that rode on my back... vietnam was only the 21L mystery ranch urban assault pack. just sayin, a small drybag packed and compressed with only a spare change of clothes and maybe some extra underwear/socks gets you most of the way.

#27 ·
I can confirm that the H&B website no longer shows any bags for the Bobber, however they DO sell them in eBay as a made-to-order option. I was looking a few days ago. I'm looking for a big, weather-proof option. The H&B Rugged bags look great, but are nearly $800 for a pair. I also really like the Burly Brand Voyager waxed canvas bags. At $400 for a pair, they're a lot more appealing. I'm betting the leather will keep water out better than waxed canvas, but since I'll only use them once or twice a year I'm ok with that.

#32 ·
I'd install the brackets before a trip and remove them afterward, because I rarely take rides long enough to require luggage (or I probably wouldn't own a Bobber as my only bike). I agree, that the C-bar brackets are a bit of an eye sore without bags attached.

#31 ·
I had the stock pannier bag delivered tonight. I had the bracket already installed on my bike. I also already have the swing arm bag on the left side. I really like the stock luggage. It’s very high quality and made extremely well. The pannier came with a carry strap. Wish it locked but it’s meant to slide off bracket and take with you. I could fit a pair of shoes and overnight outfit for sure and some toiletries if packed well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.