Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with internally wiring Triumph handlebars? I've searched the web and found very little about Triumphs specifically. There is a huge market out there for Harleys and a few guys have used those parts on British bikes. However, I'm not interested in straying that far from genuine Triumph parts on this build.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
100 Posts
MikeMac, did you ever do this mod. I too think the internal wiring would greatly enhance the appearance of the bike.

Something Triumph probably should have done during production to give the bike that additional touch of a higher end machine.

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Dyna, what bars did you use (Bike Bros?), and did the brake and clutch lines go inside the bars or are they still external?

- Pasta

·
Registered
360 Posts
Dyna, what bars did you use (Bike Bros?), and did the brake and clutch lines go inside the bars or are they still external?

- Pasta
I've never seen clutch cables or brake lines go inside handlebars; that'd be a good trick...
They normally stay outside; but hey, what do I know!:wink2:

mike

Reactions: Hornet

·
Registered
43 Posts
To go totally clean is the best look for apes. Clutch & Brakes go inside. But then you need to go hydraulic on the clutch. And all your switches need to come off the bars. IMO.
Exile Cycles has this look on HDs. Would love to see it on a Triumph. I have this set up on my Springer.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just interested in cleaning up the look on the bars by routing the electrical wiring internally. I'm fine with the clutch and brake cables.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The bars with hidden wiring look fantastic Dyna. Gives the bike bit of a custom look.
As I mentioned previously Triumph should have done this during production.

Notice how nice of a job Triumph did with the other wiring on the bike, basically you don't see any.
Then the wiring on the bars is just in your face with big old ugly tie wraps.

Again looks great Dyna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Bobber owners

I just bought the lenker handlebar from bike brothers. They have a cable extension kit, but do you know if it is the same as the original high handlebar extension kit or if they have it special made?

Thanks a lot:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
a little presentation of you and your bike would be nice. :wink2: thanks...:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Bobber owners

I just bought the lenker handlebar from bike brothers. They have a cable extension kit, but do you know if it is the same as the original high handlebar extension kit or if they have it special made?

Thanks a lot:)
Arne, can you post links to the set you purchased?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The extension kit from bike bros that comes with their handlebars is the factory kit that comes with the apes.

This means they are all a little too long for the bike bros bars.

The slack on the electric extensions can be hidden under the tank though and I found the original clutch cable is just long enough if you don’t go through the yolk. The original brake cable is just too short but the replacement is way too long and I’m considering buying a spare to see if I can have it shortened by someone.

Also, if you are considering the bars to hide the electric cables the holes are too small for the connector boxes so you need to dismantle the grip housing to get the individual cables out to thread them through the bars.

The bars look great. I got the chrome ones but had them powder coated black.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts