Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
6' .. you an adult troll on a motorcycle forum or are you just a monkey brain? lol
Your priceless dude, no matter how boring being a statistician is I thought you would of been bright enough to realise what you are saying.
Your not telling people what to do or wear but if they don't wear what you say they are stupid and shouldn't be riding.

What is it about people like you. I bet on the astrophysics forum you call yourself "biker."

Adult troll? You need to stop giving me so much ammo you prick lol.

Is calling you a prick ok as long as I put LOL after it?

[email protected] LOL

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bought a Davida open faced helmet a while back for the sake of looking “cool”. What a waste of money. My face got peppered by grit/flies/bees all the time. The worst thing was looking over my shoulder during overtakes, etc. The goggles kept getting pulled to the side.

Fair enough if you’re going to ride like a granny all the time, but for for me they’re more hassle than they’re worth.

The large aperture on my Bell Bullitt makes it feel more open face than my open facer. A lot comfier too.
I agree. The flies and stuff are an issue. One of the reasons why I wear the X0 these days plus it does feel and is safer, but still gives a bit of the open face feeling.

But for those little rides out round town and to the local bike meet open faces are great but in my opinion dont deserve the to be labelled as death traps by those who don't own one.

Not great to tour the country on but defo a great feeling to wear one. If you can buy one before the full face lobby shoot the idea down.

To much speed Speed kills most bikers but no one goes in on like this on the twist the wrist, scraping pegs crew of which I bet alot of the anti open face lot are in.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your not telling people ..
You're*

no matter how boring being a statistician is
It isn't boring lol maybe for people like you it might seem boring?

I bet on the astrophysics forum you call yourself "biker."
I'm not on an astrophysics forum lol but if I was I'd be fine calling myself a biker since I ride a motorcycle.

Wanna try reading one of yours🤣
If there is one thing to truly get out of this entire argument, it is that you're an adult male stop spamming dumbass emojis lol

Your not telling people what to do or wear but if they don't wear what you say they are stupid and shouldn't be riding
I said they are being stupid, not that they are stupid. And I don't ever recall saying they shouldn't ride.

The issue is that when I quoted you, you got defensive. You didn't man up and admit that you said something stupid, you double downed. Your comment was stupid and it doesn't have a place in a discussion between adults about an important topic. Don't be the guy that says "wearing more gear makes you do other stupid **** so it isn't safe" and don't be the guy that says "I haven't seen it happen so it doesn't happen". Be the guy that says educated things. You can have the opinion that 'hey I sacrifice some protection for comfort because it makes me less encumbered and I ride more confidently' but at least acknowledge that it isn't the smarter option, it's just the one that works for you.
Take care man, despite everything I hope you stay safe out there regardless of your views on gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Fair enough if you’re going to ride like a granny all the time,
Be careful what you say mate
So you saying riding like a granny is fair enough with an open face? As in you ride a bit faster with a full face on. :unsure:.

I feel like astro might wanna ban you from motorcycling to😬.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You're*

It isn't boring lol maybe for people like you it might seem boring?

I'm not on an astrophysics forum lol but if I was I'd be fine calling myself a biker since I ride a motorcycle.

If there is one thing to truly get out of this entire argument, it is that you're an adult male stop spamming dumbass emojis lol

I said they are being stupid, not that they are stupid. And I don't ever recall saying they shouldn't ride.

The issue is that when I quoted you, you got defensive. You didn't man up and admit that you said something stupid, you double downed. Your comment was stupid and it doesn't have a place in a discussion between adults about an important topic. Don't be the guy that says "wearing more gear makes you do other stupid **** so it isn't safe" and don't be the guy that says "I haven't seen it happen so it doesn't happen". Be the guy that says educated things. You can have the opinion that 'hey I sacrifice some protection for comfort because it makes me less encumbered and I ride more confidently' but at least acknowledge that it isn't the smarter option, it's just the one that works for you.

I don't need to "give you ammo", you literally look like an adult troll:
View attachment 49374

or is that some chromosomal thing? lol and you had the audacity to even hint that I had physical shortcomings. You're a special breed, and I mean that in many ways. Take care man, despite everything I hope you stay safe out there regardless of your views on gear.
You are doing it again man. I still can't work out if you are calling anyone stupid:unsure:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You could go on with you all day.

"you didn't say people were stupid you said they were being stupid" playground stuff that.
I not sure I'm an adult troll but at least I'm an adult

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

If wearing gear makes you do more reckless things, you shouldn't be driving a motorcycle.
[UNQUOTE]

Correcting grammar on a forum, (only Bellends do that)

Might wanna look at "driving" a motorcycle"

Plus I don't recall saying the full face "isn't safe"

Posting a picture saying I look like an adult troll on a thread where 5 minutes ago you was striving for adult conversation.

Emoji bans for no other reason than you say so.

You might wanna have a breather before you really embarrass yourself

·
Registered
347 Posts
If wearing gear makes you do more reckless things, you shouldn't be driving a motorcycle.
if they don't wear what you say they are stupid and shouldn't be riding.
Do you see the difference? Do you see what I mean? You're ignorant. You mistake wearing certain gear with having certain gear change your riding attitude. Those are beyond different things and you substitute them like they are equal. You equate being stupid to acting stupid. These are important distinctions that you ignore, or even manipulate to try to push an unhealthy narrative.

You were never here for an adult conversation. Your first reaction was a defensive over-exaggeration, followed by a sarcastic remark, a random challenge of my height, and a misinterpretation of my message confidently and incorrectly said back to me lol

Like I said man, take care, ride safe. I'll be the bigger man and ignore your future posts to me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I appreciate the effort chaps, but if you want a really good argument you really need to join a beekeeping forum. People on there will squabble over the slightest difference between how one person keeps their bees as opposed to the next person. Of course it's all bollocks because bees just do their own thing anyway and anyone who thinks they are an expert is talking out of where they think the sun goes in when they get dressed in the morning.

I was out yesterday in N Wales in sleet and rain, I was wearing a full face and my mate was wearing an open face. No handbags were swung and we had a lovely time.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I appreciate the effort chaps, but if you want a really good argument you really need to join a beekeeping forum. People on there will squabble over the slightest difference between how one person keeps their bees as opposed to the next person. Of course it's all bollocks because bees just do their own thing anyway and anyone who thinks they are an expert is talking out of where they think the sun goes in when they get dressed in the morning.

I was out yesterday in N Wales in sleet and rain, I was wearing a full face and my mate was wearing an open face. No handbags were swung and we had a lovely time.
Lol no harm done, like I actually said in my 1st response I was just playing devil's advocate and had "no dog in this fight"as opposed to pushing an "unhealthy natative".

On the bright side it sounds like he knows he said a bit to much and if I don't reply to his last post it makes me the bigger man 😬 :cool:

·
Registered
610 Posts
If we're doing 70 mph and a teenage mom texting, pulls out in front of you,it doesn't matter what kind of helmet you got on, probably gonna get ****** up pretty bad or worse.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If we're doing 70 mph and a teenage mom texting, pulls out in front of you,it doesn't matter what kind of helmet you got on, probably gonna get ** up pretty bad or worse.
Or if you ride around like this 🤣which in my opinion would of been a more appropriate adult safety troll picture.
The only problem was that half the forum have "liked" it already. :censored:🤣
IMG-0664.JPG

·
Registered
499 Posts
Be careful what you say mate
So you saying riding like a granny is fair enough with an open face? As in you ride a bit faster with a full face on. :unsure:.

I feel like astro might wanna ban you from motorcycling to😬.
I dunno.

Just ignore me - I’m talking nonsense (that COVID jab is making me a bit feverish).

21 - 40 of 42 Posts