Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my insurance renewal came in.....

Bit worse than i thought when i bought the bobber but a damned sight better than having a look on some comparison sites last week, the £1 per CC quotes I was getting had me ready to SORN it.

£888.87 for an inner london SE9 postcode, 200 less than the tiger sport so i suppose i have that to be greatful for.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mine was like $200 but there are always 4 or 5 bikes on that policy and they figure I can't ride them all at once!>:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well my insurance renewal came in.....

Bit worse than i thought when i bought the bobber but a damned sight better than having a look on some comparison sites last week, the £1 per CC quotes I was getting had me ready to SORN it.

£888.87 for an inner london SE9 postcode, 200 less than the tiger sport so i suppose i have that to be greatful for.
:surprise: Bloody 'ell :surprise:
I pay just €156 euros a year, third party-fire & theft! Granted, I'm not in London and I've got a good no-claims bonus but; nearly 900 quid... that is legal robbery!

Oh by the way, here in Germany we have to insure each vehicle individually (!) and I have the bobber, 2 other bikes and 2 cars insured, and still pay less than what you're paying just for your bobber!
Last time I insured a bike in UK, it was in the late 80's for an old BSA A10, and I had a Rider Policy with Norwich Union for 59 pounds a year!!

mike

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just insured my new Bobber fully comp through Bennetts £96, but i am 54 and live in east anglia,

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just insured my new Bobber fully comp through Bennetts £96, but i am 54 and live in east anglia,

Yep if i insured it up in elgin it would be under a hundred quid a year - no points 10 years ncb etc....

Yay to living in the bike crime capitol of the world.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine came in this week... 107,70 Euros per year. And that includes theft and glass. But in all fairness I have to say that I have been with the same insurance company for over 20 years and never needed it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No extra 0. It is 100 a month. Government insurance no private company's allowed. We insure 4 bikes a sport car and a SUV. What I pay in monthly auto insurance could pay for a house.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts