Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Motodemic adaptive LED light from the good folks at A&J Cycles. I was going to post some pictures of the installation but there really is no need. It is super simple and took less than 5 minutes. With the Motodemic kit, everything is plug and play. The light appears to be high quality and adds the the looks of the bike even when it is off.

The performance:

The start up feature is kind of cool as it goes through a lighting sequence.
The low beam didn’t blow me away. While it is a whiter light than stock and better, it wasn’t a night and day difference.
The high beam performance is superb and much better than stock. It really reaches out into the night where the stock light did not.
The adaptive feature - DO NOT buy the light without it. It is such a cool feature to lean into a turn and see the light change pattern to light up the dark spots. This is really a cool feature.

If you are on the fence about this product, I would say pull the trigger. If you don’t ride at night, it may or may not be worth it, but the looks are nice. If you ride at night, I think it’s worth it for the safety factor alone.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Hi MX.
Just a thought; have you adjusted the headlight angle? I know alot of them come un/misaligned from stock.

I´m also really happy with the adaptive feature. But my favorite bit is the start up sequence :grin2:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi MX.
Just a thought; have you adjusted the headlight angle? I know alot of them come un/misaligned from stock.

I´m also really happy with the adaptive feature. But my favorite bit is the start up sequence :grin2:
No, I did not and should have mentioned that. The next task will be positioning and aiming it with the instructions posted on the JW Speaker site. I will update after I do. I feel as if it could be shooting a tad high now and may account for some of the low beam being washed out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aimed the headlight better today. It was pointed slightly too high after the install. The high beam performance is amazing compared to stock. The low beam performance is better now that it is aimed more correctly and the adaptive feature is still a huge plus.

Overall, although expensive, I feel confident saying that this was money well spent.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Aimed the headlight better today. It was pointed slightly too high after the install. The high beam performance is amazing compared to stock. The low beam performance is better now that it is aimed more correctly and the adaptive feature is still a huge plus.

Overall, although expensive, I feel confident saying that this was money well spent.
When I installed mine I thought, hmmm, low beam is not as good as I hoped, and then hit the brights and was able to see squirrel nests in the trees.....it was way to high. Adjusted and its a great addition!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts