Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCN have reported some of the 'inspiration kits' that will be available.

Triumph Bonneville Bobber: price and Inspiration Kits announced | MCN

I love the look of the short mudguards (where does the reg/licence plate go?)
I also like the tan saddle and like the look of the clip on bars. I'm not so keen on the black exhaust, infact, seeing the black exhaust makes me like the standard pipes more.

Rumour has it that the configurator will be available on the 16th Dec.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most of the Quarter Mile Bobber kit parts are there for aesthetics and not functionality. To each their own, I just don't see a point in them when I can use that money for a new exhaust.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah... can't disagree with that. The only thing on there that's of any use function wise is the headers. None of the packages have anything performance oriented unfortunately. There are air intake covers, no darn intakes though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, it will be the heated grips and the LED headlamp for me. I spoke to my Triumph dealership yesterday and they told me that it would be January before the configurator was ready.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Most of the Quarter Mile Bobber kit parts are there for aesthetics and not functionality. To each their own, I just don't see a point in them when I can use that money for a new exhaust.
If the demographic they identify for this that we see through promotional material is a really young crowd then odds are we'll see them gravitate more to cosmetic mods first before exhaust. So that's something to keep in mind. I just hope that group likes performance enough to help fuel that market.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, it will be the heated grips and the LED headlamp for me. I spoke to my Triumph dealership yesterday and they told me that it would be January before the configurator was ready.
Thanks for the heads up from your dealer. Right now, what passes as the configurator only has the colors as options and nothing in regards to any extra features and kits. Once it's up and running, we can see renderings of what each feature will look like on the Bobber.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can't wait for the full configurator. Seeing pictures of the accessory and trying to imagine a combination of them on the bike is tremendously difficult and could look very different to when it's actually applied in a rendering and in real life. The updating renderings will help a lot in making decisions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do like the standard straight out of the shop bike, but its great to have so many things to be tempted by, as if i need any help??

·
Registered
187 Posts
Once the mod bug bites, your wallet will weep. There are so many temptations already and that's on top of the Bobber kits Triumph is offering. The brushed stainless silencers matches perfectly with the other silver bits.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Lol the wallet empties.. the wife/girlfriend develops a whole new rage.. you get carpal tunnel from typing away searching for parts all night long.. I can continue..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts