Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Hi Chico,

A great post as I had these this listing myself a few days back. I'm very tempted to bid as it's such a stunning bike but alas I need a new Jeep as mine has just turned 360,000 miles and is in need of retirement.

Wouldn't it be nice of one of our more wealthy members here grabbed this beauty.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roy, it sounds very romantic but my experience with older bikes (not this old) is any indicator, riding that bike is for only short distances and then push her to the side of the road and get picked up and spend hours repairing the beast. Parts are probably unobtainium as well. The original purchase is just a down payment.
On the other hand, this old bike would look great in my living room as a beautiful sculpture. It might incetivise my wife to leave me. Hum-mm, that's an interesting thought.:wink2:

Chico

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Roy, it sounds very romantic but my experience with older bikes (not this old) is any indicator, riding that bike is for only short distances and then push her to the side of the road and get picked up and spend hours repairing the beast. Parts are probably unobtainium as well. The original purchase is just a down payment.
On the other hand, this old bike would look great in my living room as a beautiful sculpture. It might incetivise my wife to leave me. Hum-mm, that's an interesting thought.:wink2:

Chico
Who needs to ride it? Just want to look at it, 24/7. :nerd:

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
$13K seems reasonable to me for such a cool collector's machine. Too bad about the tank damage.

-GPz/Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts