Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! Can please someone help me out with what fuel tanks are suitable for my bobber ? I love the Speedmaster 2018 tank but I can't find any...are others models that I can fit?
(I was boring and I started to clean up my bobber:) pic.....

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Speedmaster 2018-2019 tank is a direct swap. Many people have purchased a new one from the dealer which is costly. I found a used one on E-Bay from a dealer for a great price. If you are patient you will come across one as more Speedmasters are purchased.
Trirocket3 has installed a T120 tank but took much fabrication to make it fit, I believe only the fuel pump is a drop in replacement. The only other model tank to probably fit is the new SpeedTwin (more difficult to find as they are not in every dealer yet) or 2016 onward Truxton but I have not heard of anyone doing this swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Speedmaster 2018-2019 tank is a direct swap. Many people have purchased a new one from the dealer which is costly. I found a used one on E-Bay from a dealer for a great price. If you are patient you will come across one as more Speedmasters are purchased.
Trirocket3 has installed a T120 tank but took much fabrication to make it fit, I believe only the fuel pump is a drop in replacement. The only other model tank to probably fit is the new SpeedTwin (more difficult to find as they are not in every dealer yet) or 2016 onward Truxton but I have not heard of anyone doing this swap.
Thank you for your help I'm trying to be patient ))))) Speedmaster tank looks amazing on the bobber!!!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just saw this on eBay. It is selling for about twice of what I paid for mine, but this is the first one I have seen in about 6+ months. This is a strictly bolt on tank for the Bobber that will increase your fuel capacity by around 33%. It will NOT last!
gone already,, you should have grabded it !!

**Found it, but won't ship to Canada! **

·
Registered
687 Posts
Plug and play. Very easy mod. They also pop up now and then on eBay. Just saw one sell for $179 + shipping. Sold fast at that price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quick question for anybody that has fitted a 2018 Speedmaster tank to their Bobber. Did you have to keep the Speedmaster badges on the tank? It looks to me like they are fitted to the tank by a screw and not just stuck on so does this mean if you take the badges off the tank is not a smooth finish but has threaded inserts? Any photos of a 2018 Speedmaster tank with no badges?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Quick question for anybody that has fitted a 2018 Speedmaster tank to their Bobber. Did you have to keep the Speedmaster badges on the tank? It looks to me like they are fitted to the tank by a screw and not just stuck on so does this mean if you take the badges off the tank is not a smooth finish but has threaded inserts? Any photos of a 2018 Speedmaster tank with no badges?
I installed a SM tank but didn’t like the SM badge. I rode it sans badge while I figured things out. The two screw holes aren’t very obvious in black. However it bugged me enough that eventually found some metal inserts that I stuck on and covered the holes. Here’s before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I installed a SM tank but didn’t like the SM badge. I rode it sans badge while I figured things out. The two screw holes aren’t very obvious in black. However it bugged me enough that eventually found some metal inserts that I stuck on and covered the holes. Here’s before and after.
Thanks. I can't quite tell from the photos, but if I wanted to paint the tank would I be able to fill the holes and then have a smooth surface to paint, and/or be able to fit a set of original tank decals over?

·
Registered
18 Posts
quick question...trying to put some wiring under the tank of a 2018 bobber black, how much torque is needed to put back the bolts?

·
Registered
727 Posts
quick question...trying to put some wiring under the tank of a 2018 bobber black, how much torque is needed to put back the bolts?
Is the fastener in danger of coming unfastened? Yes=not enough torque
No= perfect amount of torque

Did the fastener break off during installation? Yes= to much torque
No= perfect amount of torque

Lol Sorry couldn't resist!!

torque to 30Nm as per Haynes manual.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts