Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After much messing around, and indecision, my indicators are now finished.

Dropping the back wheel out wasn't as painful as I had thought, but getting the rear light cluster off was a pain. Those bolts really were in there (Torx 30 if you are going to do this)

I tried everywhere to get black anodised M8 Nuts, but had to manage with the standard silver finish.

Overall I'm pleased, but I will swap the nuts for black when I can find some...

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nuts..

With only a single nut on the indicator stem I was not able to get the indicator to point in the right direction when tightened fully.

The addition of a second nut allows me to get the indicator pointing in the right direction and nice and tight.

If anyone knows where I can get a flanged (The flange looks nice) black anodised M8 nut please let me know :)

Thanks

Suzanne.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those lights are a tidy solution. Looks good! Hate torx lol; it seems inevitable that I strip them. Can't offer any help with the black anodized nut. Boltmaster do an M8 hexnut in black; not anodized though. A temporary solution I've used in the past that has worked surprisingly well is to paint on black nail polish.

·
Registered
459 Posts
my boy who unfortunately left this world 6 months ago.:crying::crying::crying:
I'm sure he would have liked to play with Chewie.

Reactions: ysoslo and Trace

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for your loss, he looks very happy in the Pannier :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can spray paint the nuts or have them powder coated, simple job!
Thanks - Great Idea. I had no idea how hard it would be to find black nuts.

There were some on Ebay, but mostly in China and lots of dodgy feedback. I found some in the UK, at a ridiculous price per nut.

Nail Varnish or Paint could be the answer :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Whatever you use or choose to buy, always tape them with masking tape when you install. Sucks to ruin a finish with your wrench. Just remove the tape once you have them snug.

·
Registered
459 Posts
@Suzanne

I told him that at the other end of the world there were also happy dogs.
so this idiot I like has decided to read all the magazines that explain how to go to Australia.
When I told him that he would have to spend more than 12 hours in a cage before running with his new friend .. he collapsed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats Just Beautiful @PFEN

1 - 18 of 18 Posts