Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Bobber woke up from its hibernation today. Engine ran at first try but the right hand indicator and the horn did not work. Switched on hazard lights, all indicators go including the control lamp so I thought the culprits are switches in the left side handlebar.

hmmmm..... good dose of contact spray into the switches of horn and indicator... no effect... rode for while using the switch fairly often and after 50 tries... hurrah indicators works, same with the horm...

I hope it stays this way or should I see the dealer, bike is still under warranty...Anyone else out there having that kind of problem?

·
Registered
365 Posts
this might be total bulls&%$ on my part, but I found that if your battery is not fully charged all types of little electrical gremlins come out. Since your indicators started working after riding the bike for a time (thus charging up the battery), this could be the culprit.

Reactions: ysoslo

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
One odd (similar) think that happened to me over the last winter....

I have ridden all throughout the winter (reasonable weather here in Arizona). I noticed on really cold mornings my rear/right indicator was stuck on. Tried everything over months and nothing worked. The good news was that after riding three or four miles it would alway start to work normally. Never found out what it was but now the warmer weather is here the issue has resolved.

I'm just thinking my bike does't like the cold...:eek:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this might be total bulls&%$ on my part, but I found that if your battery is not fully charged all types of little electrical gremlins come out.
Battery is fine, bike was on a charger. I guess it was a light form of corrosion in the switch which I managed to scratch off using the switch so often...

·
Read Only
153 Posts
If there is any possibility of humidity in the area where the bike is stored you can use a cover and place desiccant below the bike as well as spraying it liberally with a penetrating protective film. A dehumidifier might also be worth considering.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is any possibility of humidity in the area where the bike is stored you can use a cover and place desiccant below the bike as well as spraying it liberally with a penetrating protective film. A dehumidifier might also be worth considering.
well the bikes live under my carport in winter, covered by a thin bike cover, so there is some wetness for sure. Funny thing is my Tiger now lives there for almost 7 years never had any problems there.

Using a spray to protect the bike is probably a good idea, but you would not spray ACF 50 directly into the handlebar fittings where the switches are, would you? So I guess when the bobber goes out of service this year I dose the switches with some contact spray...let's see whether this does the tricl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts