Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished the jerry can addition. Happy with how it looks. Doesn't seem to vibrate too much when it has some fuel in it and the exhaust is far enough away for it to not get too hot either. Will obviously post when it falls off and turns into a bomb....to be continued.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
^^^^For however the simplicity is by strapping a Jerry can to the luggage bar, it looks great.

As long as it’s well secured, the wind force should keep it tucked in close to the bike. Did you just use straps?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Finally finished the jerry can addition. Happy with how it looks. Doesn't seem to vibrate too much when it has some fuel in it and the exhaust is far enough away for it to not get too hot either. Will obviously post when it falls off and turns into a bomb....to be continued.
It really does look great on that bike. Regarding the bomb scenario, if it happens, I don’t think we’ll be hearing much from you. But, at least we’ll remember how good your ride looked >:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all....and yeah hopefully if it all gets fiery I won't be updating the thread?
And yeah it's only held in with the two elasticated ROK straps. But a pretty secure fit I think. The weight of it should hold it down too hopefully. I'm just glad the NC500 shouldn't be as much of a worry now.

Forgot to point out that a big negative for it is access to chain cleaning and lubrication. But I'm sure I'll figure something out?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just to be funny, I suggest adding a green gas bottle and running some clear vinyl tubing routed to your nostrils. If you also smoke while riding, that would be undeniably HILARIOUS.

-GPz/Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts